Cannot Publish to 360 Review

Oct 11, 2019

I have not been able to publish to Review 360 since the last update I completed on 10/4. When I try to publish, it says I am not signed in, which of course I am. When the Publish window opens it says "We are unable to connect to Articulate 360. Please check your connection and try again"

17 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Joel,

Thank you for reaching out! 

I am sorry that you are running into a similar snag here. A couple of questions for you on this: 

• Do you see a similar error message when publishing to Review 360? 
  • Does this happen anytime you publish to Review 360 or sporadically? 

If that is the error message you are seeing, this guide could help resolve the issue: 

If the solutions in the guide don't seem to help, please let us know! 

Joel Hare

This happens each time I try to publish Storyline to Review 360. I have reviewed the attached link before, but it doesn't seem to match my situation. My error message always says "We are unable to connect to Articulate 360." Every time, I am connected both to the internet (via company VPN) and to Articulate 360 (can launch Rise from it). Any additional suggestions?

Becca Levan

Hello Theresa,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're hitting this snag!

First, let's start with some questions so I can better understand:

• Which browser are you using when seeing this error? Do you see it in a different browser?
  • Do you see the same error if you publish the same courses to the web?
  • Do you see this issue when publishing a new project to Review 360?

Staying tuned for your response so we can continue troubleshooting together!

Theresa Ainsworth

Hello Becca,

Thank you for your support.

This seems to be occurring when I try to publish a new version of a Review 360 link that already exists for my project.

In troubleshooting, I have found that if I generate a completely new 360 Review link for the project, it will publish properly, but that kind of defeats the purpose of being able to publish updated versions of the same link so the reviewer can see changes as they happen and validate or provide additional feedback. Obviously the trail of feedback is gone if I publish a whole new link and I have to keep giving them new links... :(

I don't think it is browser specific. It should be generating a link that can be accessed in the main browsers (Chrome, IE, Edge). My personal default browser is Chrome.

I am able to publish to Web, LMS, Word, etc with no issues.

I have other projects that do publish to Review 360 properly.

Thoughts?

Theresa Ainsworth
Digital Curriculum Developer| Training and Communications (TAC) | Medicare Solutions
21281 Burbank Blvd, Bldg. B, 3rd Floor, G4 Blue, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Phone (818)676-8127
Theresa.L.Ainsworth@centene.com
[Title: Centene Corporation logo]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication contains information intended for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by returning it by return mail and then permanently delete the communication from your system. Thank you.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Theresa!

Thank you so much for those details! It's helpful to know this is only happening with this specific project in Review 360, not other publishing environments. I'm eager to understand what it is getting in the way of a successful publish. I'd like to try publishing your course to Review 360 on my end. Would you mind uploading the .story file privately in a support case? Your project will be deleted after troubleshooting.

Also, your contact information came through when you replied via email. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

Jason Questor

I am experiencing the same issue. This started a few days ago. I have read through all the articles on this and nothing has helped, or is not relevant. Here are the key points:

1. This is not a new or large course. I cannot publish either a new version or update a previously published version.
  2. I also cannot publish even a stub course with a single text only slide.
  3. I have turned off my VPN and started with a fresh boot and instance of Storyline.
  4. My network is 5G, and is performing flawlessly with all other applications.
  5. I have shut down all other applications, including browser tabs and email.
  6. I have tried with the latest versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox, all of which a listed as supported browsers.
  7. I have tried the pull approach from the Review 360 site. It says I can upload a zipped course package. When I try this, it says that is not a supported file type.
  8. There is nothing technically wrong with the course itself. I can publish it to my LMS and it plays flawlessly.

This is an urgent issue, as I have several key clients who need to review and approve 5 different courses at the moment.

James Parkes

I am experiencing this issue as well. Not far off from the same circumstances as Jason either. 

Currently working on storyline slides to put into a rise module and cannot publish to review to do so. 

I was working in a different location yesterday and had full access to publishing and the content library, it all worked as intended. But now that I am back in the office, I have no publishing access and content libraries also can't be accessed (icons and illustrations).

When trying to access icons, illustrations and in an attempt to publish to review the program usually comes up with the messages:

"You are offline. Please connect to the internet and try again." & "There was an error publishing your course to Review 360. Please check your internet connection and try again."

It seems as though there may be a company protection setting that is preventing access to the libraries and reviews. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, James, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Since the issue is only occurring when working from your office, my first suggestion would be to check with your network administrator and ask them to open port 443 and add the domains in this article to your organization's allowlist for your Articulate 360 apps to work properly.

Let me know if this works!

Jason Questor

This is my home network, as I have been working from home for over a year because of COVID.

Besides, I really don’t think that this is the issue, since, up to a few days ago, everything was fine and I was able to upload this and other courses to Review 360 with no problem. Nothing has changed on my end. Something has changed on yours. In the Forums I see that, back in May, you experienced an outage with Review 360, then reported that it was fine again, only to have users respond that it, in fact, was not.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jason!

My reply above with the allowlist suggestion was for James, as he's having issues not only with Review 360 but also connecting to the content library. I see you're working with Angelo on a support case and troubleshooting your specific scenario. 

We have a status page where you can also check the uptime history and subscribe to receive notifications: Articulate Status.

Joel Hare

I also had the "Can't connect to 360/check internet connection" issue. I worked with Articulate and our tech side over several months and tried pretty much everything on Jason's list, with no success. However, we recently found a workaround. When that error comes up:

1. Save/close the Storyline file.
  2. Open Task Manager.
  3. Find the Articulate 360 Desktop Service task and end it. (We use Win10, so mine was in Background Processes)
  4. Re-open the Storyline file and you should be able to publish to Review. (or at least I was)

It hasn't been a permanent fix (I've had to do it a few times), but it's worked each time so far. Best of luck!

Jason Questor

Joel's workaround worked (thanks Joel). However, in the last few attempts it has stopped working.

I spent an hour on Zoom with an Articulate support rep just now. We worked together and determined that the issue was with Windows Firewall. When Storyline updated, Windows Firewall no longer recognized it, and blocked it.

1. Go to Settings / Network & Internet.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, find and click Windows Firewall.
  3. Find and click Allow an app through firewall.
  4. Click on the Change Settings button.
  5. Click on the Allow another app... button.
  6. Click on the Browse... button.
  7. The idea is to find all the Articulate executables and whitelist them for Windows Firewall. Mine were all under C:\Program Files (x86\Articulate\360. Each application has a subfolder there: Desktop Application, Desktop Service, Peek, Replay, Storyline, Studio.
  8. Windows does not allow you to select more than one at a time, so you have to go through this for each executable. Pick one and double click it.
  9. You will be returned to the list of allowed apps. Click the Add button.
  10. Repeat for all the others.

After doing this, and restarting the system, full publish functionality to Review 360 was restored. I suspect that this might happen again with the next Storyline update. Just have to wait and see.