Recover deleted comments?

Jan 23, 2018

Is there a way to recover a comment after it is deleted from Review? I know how to hide and show resolved comments, but I accidentally deleted some that I need to look at it again.

Thanks

20 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your deleted comments. We aren't able to restore individual comments that have been deleted. I've submitted a request to our development team on your behalf for a recycle bin feature that would let you recover deleted comments. I'll be sure to let you know if it gets added to Articulate Review. In the meantime, Articulate Review will ask you to confirm that you want to permanently delete a comment item to ensure you don't accidentally delete something. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

Misha Milshtein

Hello Alyssa and the Articulate staff.

With these thread being 5 months old, is there a chance that the deleted courses/comments can be recovered now? We are now in a similar situations with one of the Storyline courses deleted from the Articulate Review, along with the very important feedback comments, and we are looking for the ways to restore information? Can you please help?

Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Misha,

It sounds like you lost some really important information--I can understand how frustrating that is! At this time, there isn't a way to recover deleted content from Articulate Review, but I'll be sure to bring up this feature again to our Product Team. I know it could have saved you from a lot of headache!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tim,

Do you still have a version published in Review? That should show you the comments still in Review, unless you'd deleted the course from there. 

If you did delete it, there is a Deleted Items folder where you should find a copy of your course unless you'd permanently deleted it from there: 

When you choose to publish a new version of an existing course, that'll create a new version linked to your earlier one in Review, and the comments will still be available in Review too. 

Let me know where you're running into trouble, and we'll be happy to help! 

Ken Burleigh

Here we are 3 years later and I've made the same mistake (deleting comments before I realized I could just hide them). :/
If recovery is still not a feature, it would make me feel better to hear why (not worth the time, cost prohibitive, only ID10T users make the mistake, etc.). :)
It's painful to see that it was an issue for folks 3 years ago...

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Ken and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

We have implemented a feature for projects that may be accidentally deleted, but not for comments at this time.

We do have a two-step delete process to minimize any accidental deletions:

One option, if you've not turned it off, is to use your email notifications to view those deleted comments.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Cassandra,

We don't have any new updates to share regarding the modification of this behavior, but I can confirm that it is a feature request that we're actively tracking. I've added your voice to the request, and we'll let everyone subscribed to this thread know once this makes it to our product roadmap