Stop comment notifications for reviewers without Articulate ID

Jan 09, 2020

Hi everyone,

I've sent a review 360 link to coworkers who do not have Articulate IDs. They have commented extensively on my course and I've been answering them so everyone is kept in the loop about changes and can discuss.

However, I've received several complaints from coworkers receiving a large amount of notifications for comments (makes sense, we've been discussing a lot in the comments section).

Now, even though there is a link at the end of the email they can click to unsubscribe/change settings for notifications, they are then asked to log in. Since they do not have an Articulate ID, this is not possible and they end up having to delete every single notification email.

Is the only way to unsubscribe from notifications to register with Articulate? Or is there some other, simpler solution available?

48 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Kristin!

Great question! You'll be notified when someone comments on your review link. A reviewer will be notified if you reply to their comment, as well as anyone else who replies to their comment.

By chance is everyone replying to one comment thread? If so, everyone would be receiving notifications if they contributed. 

Kristin K.

Hi Lauren, I know I can turn off notifications when logged in. However, as I've been trying to say, my coworkers do NOT have an articulate ID and therefore cannot log into any system to turn off their comment notifications.

Is there any other way for them to turn off notifications without having to register with Articulate?

Katie Riggio

Hi, Kristin! Thank you for working closely with us on this.

Reviewers can comment without an Articulate ID, but they'll need to have an Articulate ID to change the frequency of email notifications at this time. (They don't need to be a member of any subscription.)

We're actively tracking requests around managing notifications to reviewers. I'll share your thoughts with the right team and communicate any new developments. Here's a look into how we prioritize such ideas!

Celeste Bramlett

Yes please - It would be very helpful to mute email notifications sent to reviewers everytime I make a comment.  I often use Articulate Review as a running doc to track my edits and everytime I make a note as to whether or not I have completed the edit - my reviewer gets a message.  It would be nice to provide us that choice.

Ashley Kirstein

Any update on this feature request for those who comment without an Articulate ID? My client is rather annoyed at the volume of emails in their inbox, and the usual suggestions to change their settings aren't an option since they don't have an account associated w/ the project on which they commented. TIA!

Ren Gomez

Hi Ashley,

No updates to share yet, but we have been keeping an eye on this request, so I'll be sure to include your plus one.

As it still stands, users will need to sign-in with an Articulate ID to change the frequency of notifications. My teammate Katie sums it up above!

We'll be sure to pop back in here when there are any changes to report.

Bill King

Hi Ren or Lauren, quick confirmation:  No reviewers, under any circumstance, will ever receive a notification when a comment, whether one of theirs or someone else's, is set to "resolved", correct? I.e., email notifications are only sent to a reviewer when a reply to one of that reviewer's comments is made -- do I have that right?

Andy Tope

Yeah, I have to chime in here and say this is pretty frustrating. I'm responding to project manager's comments while they are in a meeting and I thought the mute function would effectively silence my responses. They don't have articulate accounts and they can't turn off comments. The only option for me right now is to not respond to their comments, which is not ideal for clear communication. Ay ay ay.

Lisa Lewis

It would be good to have this functionality switched to a daily summary - we've had commentary that this is causing stress and angst when one person is reviewing courses  (non-Articulate User) written by different team members. At what point does Articulate make a decision to get some of this functionality across the line. There is some key functionality that has been raised on a number of years yet nothing appears to have been done. While this is a fabulous tool and easy to use, some simple 101 functionality like spell check in Rise etc would make this a much improved tool.

JD Hurtig

This is a huge frustration for my SMEs and now requires me to comment outside of Review 360 about the changes I've made to prevent them being bombarded by numerous email responses to their comments. My SMEs will not signup for an account just to mute notifications. 

Please create an option for the designer to be able to adjust commenter notifications. Or default non-designers notifications to hourly or daily. 

Kriss Laber

I'd like to add another vote for the ability for the developer to turn off notifications to reviewers. It seems you set it up like a forum versus a customer review tool. We have been using Review My eLearning for several years. Once customer comments are made, I can make notes and have discussions with my team on each slide without the customer seeing our discussion. That discussion is NOT for customer consumption.