Can't upload photos to Rise 360

Apr 09, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to upload my own photos in my Rise lesson, but I keep getting an error message. I have tried .png and .jpg files and neither worked. I used one of the Rise templates and would like to edit some of the pics, including the cover photo, so does that make a difference? The program will allow me to change the pics if I used the Content Library, but not my own photos.

I've been working on this for two days, so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Enya Moore

Hi Hazel. I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone responded to me! 

When I try to add the file, I click the UPLOAD LOGO or UPLOAD COVER PHOTO button in the settings area of my course. It then allows me to browse my computer to find the file (stored in my photos folder).

I select the correct file (.png or .jpg) and click OPEN. I attached the screenshot of the error message. I couldn't past the pic here.

Thanks!

Chino Navarro

Hi Enya! Thanks for the screenshot. Does the issue happen to all images or just a few? I recommend doing the following:

1. Get another copy of the image and try uploading that into Rise 360.
2. Make sure the filename of the image isn't too long.
3. Remove any special characters in the image's filename.

If you are still experiencing the issue after that, feel free to open a case here. Our support engineers are ready to help!

Enya Moore

Hello Chino.

Thank you for your suggestions. It happens to all images I try to upload anywhere in the course. I saved the logo file to my desktop, but it still didn't work. No long filename or special characters included.

I have already set up a case with your engineers, so hopefully, they will be able to help me. I also submitted a case with our internal IT team to see if it's a permission issue on our side. Don't know if that could be the case, but I'm desperate here!

Thanks, again, for your assistance.

This also goes for pdf files. Those aren't uploading, either.