23 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dimitra!

Absolutely—the templates are 100% customizable to fit your needs! If it's the cover photo that you want to change, click Settings at the top of the course page. Click the trash bin icon to delete the current cover photo, then click the Add Cover Photo button to replace it. 

Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Stephanie Schlie

Hi! I have the same question. I am using a free trial and trying to create a course from a template in Rise. When I go into a lesson, I can add an image, but I cannot find a way to delete the existing image.  I'm working in the "ADA Compliance for Employees" course template and attempting to change the image in the first lesson, "What Is the Americans With Disabilities Act?"

Thanks!

Stephanie 

Chino Navarro

Hi Stephanie,

I am here to help.

Some blocks require an image. So, you will only have the option to replace the image.

An example of this kind of block is the Quote on image block. You can see this in the first lesson of the "What Is the Americans With Disabilities Act?" template.

If you need help with how to replace the image, here is how:

1.) Hover your mouse over the block.
2.) Click on Edit.

3.) Click on Edit again.

Here you will be able to upload an image from your computer or an image from Content Library.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Stephanie Schlie

Hi Chino,

Thanks so much for the quick, detailed response! I think I might be having issues with Windows--I just realized the version that downloads with Parallels isn't the full version. That's probably why I'm not seeing all the features. Hovering definitely didn't bring up an editing button. 

I will try it out on a different system. Thanks again!

Stephanie

Renz Sevilla

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks for those details! Sounds like you may also need a list of our supported browsers for Rise 360 if you're running into some trouble.

For Windows ˀ

- Mac Google Chrome (latest version)—Best experience
- Safari (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)

For Mac

- Google Chrome (latest version)—Best experience
- Safari (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)

Hope that helps!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Lesley!

It looks like your screenshot doesn't show the Image Centered or Edit button.

When you hover, please click on the Edit button:

If the buttons aren't showing up when you hover, please make sure you're using a supported browser, and that your browser is updated. Let us know if you need more help!

Susan McCabe

Help please!  trying to build a course  in  Rise 360 on trial basis.  I can easily add blocks and edit text.  BUT I am struggling to  replace the default images. When I hover over the image, the edit button does not appear. 

I've toggled between PREVIEW and EDIT on top right of navigation  to see if there is something I am missing here. I am using latest version of Chrome on a Macbook Pro.

Also, it's not clear to me how delete an unneeded section

What's the secret?

Thanks

Susan

Karl Muller

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the Rise forums.

Each block in a Rise lessons has it's own set of controls and buttons.

To display the buttons, move the mouse cursor over the block that you want to edit. You should see the buttons as shown in the image below, with the Delete button on the far right.

Does your Rise Lesson page look like this?

Melanie Fuller

Apologies for jumping in on this conversation - I'm having the same issue as listed above. When I hover over the image this for the main header image and header for each section, this menu does not appear. ALthought it does appear for the other blocks, just not the first header block. Any suggestions? 

Karl Muller

Hi Melanie,

The text were it says Course Objectives, is what Rise refers to as the the Lesson Header. It is not a block. This text can be edited only, cannot be deleted, and the formatting cannot be changed on this page. With the recent introduction of Themes, the look of the Lesson Header can be changed to one of several different preset styles.

Everything else below the Lesson Title is a block, and when you hover over a block you should see these icons: Edit / Settings on the left, and delete, copy, and move up and down on the right. 

Lea Agato

Hi Sofia! I'm sorry to hear you're getting an error when you try to upload your file. Can you try clearing your browser cache? Once you've cleared your browser cach, upload your image again. Can you also let us know if you're seeing the same error when you upload a different image file? Thanks!

Sofía Zamudio De Hoyos

Hi Karl and Lea,

Thanks for your support. Regarding your questions I just clear my browser cache and didn't work. I have been trying to upload different images (with different sizes) and files (png, jpg, jpge) without success. Do you know if the image has to have a specific format and size?

Thanks in advance!

Angelo Cruz

Hi Sofia! Rise 360 can accept most file formats, so you have plenty of options to choose from.

With that in mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions to further isolate the issue:

1. Which block are you uploading your images to?

2. Does the issue occur regardless of the image file type you upload in Rise?

3. Is the image file name long or does it contain any special characters?

4. Are the images saved locally on your machine or is it in a removable or shared drive?

If you continue to encounter issues regardless of the image file type or lesson block, I would suggest opening a support case here and sharing your file(s) with our support engineers for further troubleshooting.

Sofía Zamudio De Hoyos

Hello Angelo,

Thanks for your support,

I'm trying to upload the images in all blocks (cover page, content: image, gallery, interactive) and the problem still with all the images files.

I've tried with different names, without special characters and short names.  

The images are locally in my machine.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance :)

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Sofia! Here are some more troubleshooting tips for you to try:

• Make sure you are using a supported browser and your browser is updated.
  • Try uploading images using a different supported browsers. Is the behavior the same?
  • Please access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) Do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

If the issue persists after trying these troubleshooting tips, please open a support case here so that one of our technical support engineers can work directly with you.