Completion showing at 100% and showing a 0% score at the same time on LMS

Aug 25, 2022

As I was testing our modules on our LMS (Litmos), I came across something odd. When a user completes a module, it shows 100% completion (which is what we want), but it also show text which reads "0% My Score." I can see this being inherently confusing as users might think they did not get credit.

Since we want to track by completion status (100% completion), we don't want a "score" to show up on their dashboard since they don't need one to pass. I have attached a screenshot of what the user sees when they complete a course.

When I export the LMS file, I use Passed/Incomplete for reporting per advice I read here because evidently that is supposed to be more compatible with most LMS applications, including Litmos. The course does use the Exit Course button from Rise. Rather, it uses the built-in one from Litmos. I also use what I believe to be the default LMS setting (SCORM 1.2)

Is there anything else I should try or is this something that cannot be changed?

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Learning Hub. Ashley's issue was resolved by switching her reporting status option to complete/incomplete when exporting for LMS. 

Do you have a quiz score that you need to report to the LMS? If not, try that setting and let us know if that works better! If you're still not seeing expected behavior, we'd love to work with you 1 on 1. Start a case with us here.

E-Learning Person

Hi Crystal. I'm also having this issue. I have a quiz question. I've uploaded it into our LMS in a variety of ways, but even using a complete/incomplete option it'll show as completed but the score as o.

I've talked to litmos who has said that all courses have to have a quiz and completion should be based on the quiz. I tried that, but once someone completes the quiz they don't have to finish the course. The 100% and course completed shows right when the quiz finishes.

Anne-Sophie Guerrand

Hi,
I am experiencing the exact same issue. Opened a ticket to Litmos, we'll see what they answer.

Context:

• Our course is just a 2 slide-module, NOT A QUIZ
  • Our last slide contains a "Complete Course" trigger set to "Completed/Passed"
  • We configured the tracking options with "Using triggers"
  • We configured he reporting option to complete/incomplete
  • Litmos shows "0% My score" although the course is 100% completed
  • Tried with both Scorm 1.2 and Scorm 2004 4th generation, same results
  • Tried with both options selected: "Using triggers" + "when the learner has viewed 100% of slides" or even with "50 % of slides", same results

I created another module with Adobe Captivate and I don't have the issue...

I guess there is something wrong with the way Storyline360 is configuring the manifest: the module seems to be considered as a quiz whereas it is not a quiz.

Thanks,

Anne-Sophie