Default font colour

Feb 21, 2018

Hi all

I know how to change the default colour in the settings, but can you set a default colour for the font? It seems to be set to grey, and I need to go and change each text block to black.

76 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your feedback. I sense that you're frustrated that this feature hasn't been implemented and I totally get it. The waiting game is never easy! 

However, I want you to know that we're doing our very best to bring our users the features they want and need as quickly as possible.

We receive hundreds of feature requests every week, so prioritizing them is no small task and we take it very seriously. Here's an inside look at how that process works

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Leslie Garrett

It would be nice to be able to change the default font in all areas of Rise. Particularly because research shows that black font is more accessible for those with visual impairments, or vision-related disabilities; and it's my own aim, as well as that of my firm's, to make our content as accessible as possible.

I understand why the trend toward gray happened, but there must be other ways to enhance the UX for all learners...and developers? Like adjusting font size, or tighter, more concise writing...

And frankly,  my own eyes are not that great, so after working in Rise for several hours, I am feeling the eye strain myself!  

Celito Macachor

I have been yearning for these and just assumed it would come naturally. It is time-consuming to say the least, and frustrating in the sense that it seems so basic but seems to be too out of reach. Surely there are more complex features you have done without too much prodding. I just want to default it to black. That alone will be a big leap and save countless hours.

Michelle Deans

Adding my voice to this.  Having to go through and check/change every block of text is very time consuming and draining — and there is always the chance of error. We recently had a minor colour update and I had to go through our modules and update every instance, manually typing in the HEX code. Tables are a source of frustration too, as I have to reset the font size and colour for every new row/column.
RISE is brilliant in so many ways — really hoping you can address this  soon.

Canadian ADL Lab 20

Hello Articulate Rise - From reading this chain of posts, it appears that fonts are still defaulted to grey. What this means is that I'll have to go through the entire course I'm working on, block by block, to switch the font to black. With accessibility at the forefront of our work, the default should be black (if defaulting is required) and then custom changes would be for those who want to switch to grey. Please work on this issue.