Images Appear Blurry When Uploaded to Rise

Dec 04, 2020

Hi,

I'm a new user in Articulate Rise 360 and I've been developing few training courses. What I've observed is images appear blurry and pixellated when uploaded to Rise. When I take screenshots from my product UI and save it, it's as clear and crisp as it can be. But uploading to Rise seems to distort the quality of the images. 

I've read that the image size should not exceed 5 GB and my images are way lesser than that. Could you please suggest a way to fix this issue? 

Thanks,

Paramita

9 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Paramita,

If you have an image that looks blurry in Rise 360, we've designed a workaround to keep your images looking crystal clear.

If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it.

Keep in mind that the 5GB file size limit still applies, and you could see an increase in your output file size.

If you're using a labeled graphic with a small image, Rise will scale the image up to at least 760 px wide. If you  _noprocess_ for that, it may not work in that case.

Hope that helps!