Microlearning Completion

Mar 29, 2023

Hey all. I'm trying to get our microlearning courses to read "Completed" on our LMS but so far, they're only reading "In Progress" when a user has finished. I've checked the settings on the Export menu and I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly. Any ideas? Thanks! 

23 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Paula,

Great question! I understand your LMS is reporting a Microlearning as "In progress" after a user has finished the course. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening!

Our first troubleshooting step is to test your course in SCORM cloud. Have you tested your course in SCORM cloud? It's an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS or the Rise course. If you test your course on SCORM cloud and it works perfectly, then your issue is LMS based.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Susan Roussel

Was there any resolution to this issue? I am also having a problem with the microlearning showing as complete in my LMS. I tested in SCORM Cloud and there does not seem to be an issue there. I reached out to our LMS help desk and they are saying it is elearning. I am at a loss as this has never happened when I use regular Rise. This is my first time using the microlearning option in Rise. It will not show complete even though all of the elements are complete-I used text, images and one quiz question in it. I have check settings, it looks good to go but it will not register as complete. 

Angelo Cruz

Hi Susan! I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with the completion of your Microlearning in your LMS.

You mentioned that it is working properly when tested in SCORM Cloud. Does the Microlearning open in a new window when launched from your LMS or does it open in a new tab? Try enabling the debug mode on your Microlearning course and share the logs with your LMS administrator for review. This should help them isolate and narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

Here's how to generate a debug log for Rise 360. If you’d like to know more about the debug log, check out The Secret to LMS Debugging, which includes a demo video and some helpful information.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Angelo Cruz

Hi James!

I tried my sample course in Scorm Cloud and just clicked the arrow at the beginning. I navigated through the entire Microlearning course by using the scroll wheel of my mouse. You'll see in this short screen recording (no audio) that it is still registered as "Complete" in Scorm Cloud.

Does your LMS open the course in a separate window or on a new tab? You can also enable the debug mode on your course to see a side-by-side communication sent from the course to your LMS.

Feel free to open a support case here if you continue to encounter issues with the completion of your Microlearning course.

Steven Benassi

Hi Nathasha!

Sorry to hear you've also encountered this snag with your microlearning course not registering as complete!

In order to fix the issue, it would be helpful to narrow down if the problem is related to the LMS or your Rise course itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we'd recommend testing your course in SCORM cloud. It's an online LMS environment that can be used to pinpoint the source of the problem.

Please share the results and I'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Marljo! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. Have you tried testing your course in SCORM Cloud?

Testing in SCORM Cloud would help check if the problem is related to the LMS or Rise. If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, you can share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. If the course behaves the same in SCORM Cloud, please open a case with us. One of our technical support engineers will assist you.

Tonie Vidola

Hello,

What is the completion requirement for a microlearning?

Are learners only required to view all content in order to return a Complete status?

I assume that the time spent per block is not counted.
For example, if a learner quickly goes through all content by viewing each block in less than 3 seconds, Rise 360 would still report a Complete status, correct?

Please confirm. Thank you for your reply.

Angelo Cruz

Hello Kym! Have you tried testing your course in Scorm Cloud?

You can test your published course at SCORM Cloud and compare the results with your LMS. This will give us a hint if the issue is browser-related or something with your LMS.

Your LMS provider may request a debug log to help identify the problem. Learn how to generate a debug log for Rise 360 content. If you’d like to know more about the debug log, check out The Secret to LMS Debugging, which includes a demo video and some helpful information.

If your course doesn’t play correctly at SCORM Cloud either, you may send us your project file for review by opening a support case here.. Our engineers will be more than happy to help!

Angelo Cruz

Hi Matthew! Have you reached out to your LMS regarding your concern?

We don't offer advice on customizing or modifying the published output to work in a specific LMS environment. I would suggest opening a support case first with your LMS team to see if they have any opinions regarding the matter or if they'll find something that's causing the issue.

You can also generate a debug log for your Rise 360 content as this may help your LMS admins with the investigation.

Karim Ahmed

Hi, 

I'm facing the same issue and it even occurs when I preview on Rise itself. So it's not an issue with the LMS. Please see this recording. 

As you can see in the recording, I'm previewing on Rise 360 itself (Not our LMS). Yet, after clicking on all the interactive buttons and completing them, the continue button gets unlocked which means that I have completed the interactions in this section, but once I scroll down to the next section, the previous section gets marked as incomplete again and the interactions appear once again as if I never clicked on them. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Karim!

Thanks for sharing the screen recording!

After testing the behavior on my end, and returning to a previous lesson, the labeled graphics were pulsing as well. This is expected behavior. I noticed in your recording that the 'complete the content above before moving on' disclaimer disappeared after completing the first lesson, and you were able to move back/forward freely. This would indicate that the completion status of the lesson has been recorded successfully.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!