Problem with Storyline loading in Rise

Dec 20, 2017

We love the ability to embed the Storyline files into Rise courses, but we have found that when Mac users access the Rise files, that it takes a long time for the Storyline file to load and display for the user.  So much time that people are thinking it's broken.  We are not seeing this with PC users for the same course.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Thanks!

19 Replies
Ashokan P

I am noticing the same problem on my desktop. When I launch the course in RISE, the storyline file which I embed in RISE as one of my slides is not loading, it takes a lot of time to show the content. As a result, there is a possibility that the learner may think that there is no content in the slide to display. How to solve this problem?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Annie! 

Are you finding that your Storyline blocks are loading slowly inside a Rise 360 course? If so, tell me more about your experience:

• Is the course hosted on a web server or a learning management system?
  • What web browser are you using for testing? Do you notice a difference if you switch to a new browser?
  • Are you able to send us the Share link so we can take a closer look? 
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Amanda. We're happy to help. I'd like to get some more details from you:

• Is the course hosted on a web server or a learning management system?
  • What web browser are you using for testing? Do you notice a difference if you switch to a new browser?
  • Are you able to send us the Share link so we can take a closer look?

You can reply here in the discussion, or privately by opening a case with my team.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Roni. It sounds like a Storyline Block isn't loading correctly in your Rise 360 course. 

Does this only happen after you've published the course, or do you also see the problem when you preview the course in Rise 360?

Also, is this affecting all Storyline Blocks in your course, or just the one in particular?

Roni Borri

Hi Alyssa, it happens occasionally on the Preview. I think it is linked to the media. I have a landing/instruction page that works fine (i can open the help lightbox etc.) but when I try to start the course, i.e. go to the first slide with video content, it hangs with three cycling dots. This is on Chrome. I have tested it successfully on Explorer. 

Chris Bond

Hi, I was wondering if there was any outcome from this issue. I have a Rise course using Storyline blocks and am experiencing the same issue. 

I launched the course after testing which worked fine. I then got reports that Users could not get passed a certain block. I couldn't see what the problem was so relaunched the course, which worked fine. This morning a User cannot get passed a different Storyline block.