Progress lost

Feb 17, 2022

I have a rise course, which is a series of videos. Firefighter students are stating when they go out on a call, our LMS, will drop them due to inactivity and they are losing their progress. Even if they get to the last video, but not the ending completion certificate slide. 

Is there a setting I am missing? 

3 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Tamarah! Thanks for reaching out here and sharing what's happening. The resume behavior for Rise courses is controlled by the LMS.

I would suggest troubleshooting your file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. 
Karl Muller

Hi Tamarah,

We have seen a similar thing. We run our courses in a new window.

When students (some are Firefighters) step away from a course and leave it open for a long time, the LMS window in the background times out, but no message is displayed.

When students return later after a call, the course window is still open. However the course is actually no longer communicating with the LMS, so their progress is not being saved.

We have emphasized to our students to properly exit the course before stepping away.