Forum Discussion

MadlenWansner
Community Member
2 months ago

Articulate 360 course progress gets stuck at one page - part of progress lost when reopening the course

Hello there,

I have a problem and can't find the solution online.

I have made a Storyline 360 course and uploaded it to our LMS.

I tested the course and was nearly done. I closed the course. The LMS gave me the response, that it was saving the progress. But when I reopened it, only some progress was saved and the course started at a random page. I reopened it again, deleted my cookies, restarted the computer, etc. - but I always start at this page. The further pages (which I already saw) where locked again! So I finally gave in (maybe it was a bug, that only occurred once) and deleted my progress, started anew. I closed the course after every chapter to check, if the progress was saved, which was the case at first. But then it happened again. The progress was stuck at another random page! So I clicked trough the whole course to see, if it will be registered as completed, which was the case. But when I opened the course again, the progress was again stuck on the same page. The further chapters where locked again.

I used Google Chrome.

The course is published as SCROM 1.2.

I selected the “prompt to continue”-setting for restart.

If you want to know more details, feel free to ask.

I can’t share the course-file (corporate confidentiality reasons).

I have made a lot of training courses and I never had this problem. So I would be very grateful, if you have a hint for me.

Greetings M.

• SCORM 1.2 has a very low limit for storing suspend/resume data. If the Storyline data needed to properly resume the course exceeds that limit, it can't be fully saved. Thus, the resumed course may restart at a point earlier than where the user actually left the course. 

The best way to avoid this issue is to publish for SCORM 2004 (3rd or 4th edition). 

Here's more info:  https://access.articulate.com/support/article/exceeding-scorm-suspend-data-limits 

• Hello Judy,

thank you so much for your answer! I think I confused SCROM 1.2 with SCROM 2004.

It is tracking the course progress again ;)