Forum Discussion

JamesWooten
Community Member
29 days ago

Import Powerpoint slides WITHOUT automatic trigger to go to next slide when timeline ends

Am I missing something? I imported ppt slides but always get an automatic trigger to go to the next slide when the timeline ends and the timeline is always 5 seconds. I do not want a 5 second timeline and I do not want the automatic trigger. I removed these but it still automatically goes forward without the pressing next. Surely, there must be an easier way. I am importing a large number of interactive ppt slides and do not want to have to problem solve each one. Usually I never do this so am unfamiliar and a search did not produce results. What should I do?

JamesWooten
    Community Member

Found the answer after posting when related content came up. It seems this is a recurring question. Perhaps this should be added to the tutorials for importing powerpoint slides?

• Hey Robin!

The quick feature tutorials show how the features work, but we don't cover every production consideration like slide aspect ratio, transitions, master slides, etc. 

However, we do cover that in the training on importing PowerPoint. When we update the tutorials we'll mention the transitions and direct them to the more detailed training so that they know where to go for more.

JamesWooten
    Community Member

Thanks, Tom and David. It is sometimes hard to find the exact place to learn for different topics - but I appreciate that this forum and you two have been here to help through my many, many years here.