Providing feedback on a Rise Quiz without revealing the correct answer

Mar 19, 2018

Is there any feature or setting in Rise Quiz, where you can reveal the feedback when an incorrect answer is selected without revealing the correct answer. I have checked the Quiz question settings and the feedback only works if "Reveal answer" option is turned ON. Is there any other way to do so? 

Pinned Reply
18 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anu,

Thanks for reaching out here! Those two settings work in tandem, so you'll have to have the "Reveal answer" enabled to showcase the feedback to learners as well. 

We're always exploring new features, and customer input is really helpful in that process. If you'd like to chime in with your feedback on this, please share your thoughts with us through a feature request!

Sharon Bildstein

Howdy folks.  I was just researching this wonderful community forum looking for a solution of how to show the question response was wrong without showing which was the correct choice.  Showing which is correct simply allows the learner to write down the correct one and take the quiz again, or, put's a lot of extra work on the facilitator to track down which specific topic(s) in the quiz the learner needs remediation for. Please my vote to this request as well!

Kevin McDermott

Good day everyone. This is my first time writing in one of these threads. I feel like I already know my answer but will post it to see if I can help get things moving.

Has there been any progress on allowing us to provide correct/incorrect feedback without revealing the answers to the user?

I feel as though separating the option to provide feedback from reveal answers option would benefit everyone. I am trying to find a logical explanation why these 2 must absolutely operate "in tandem" and why they can't be 2 different on/off switches. Sadly, I can't come up with anything.

FYI - I have already submitted a feature request.

Kristýna Vitásková

Hello, with my team, we currently came across the same issue. It's hard to believe there was nothing done in 4 years as. At first we couldn't understand such a behaviour isn't the standard option in quiz settings.

To not reveal correct answer but provide feedback when wrong is a basic pedagogical approach to tests qnd quizes and it's dissappointing that your developers don't focus on what really matters and is applicable for majority of users. What do you plan to do in this subject in 2022?

Kristýna Vitásková

Hi Gren, 
It's an optimistic news - the quizzes might be finally possible to be used in a "learning approach".

During the first test of new quizzes feedback settings, we noticed an issue with multiple response type of question, as well as matching choices, which are answered partially correct. Overall the response is incorrect and it shows "incorrect feedback" (which is expected behaviour), however, it reveals as well which of the selected choices was the correct one.

In the article the description is "Select Show Incorrect Answers with Feedback and learners see their incorrect answers and question feedback without revealing any correct answers.

Therefore, I rather see it as unwanted behaviour as it reveals correct answer. Partially, but it does :(

I'd be glad to hear back from you what's the Articulate point of view. 
Thank you!

Multiple response question with partially correct answer

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Miroslava! Thanks for asking this question. Here's how the Show Incorrect Answers With Feedback feature should work with those question types:

Multiple Response Questions:

The learner will see feedback only on the options they select. If they select all options, then Rise will provide feedback on all of the options they selected. In the example below, you can see how feedback on the same question is different depending on how many options the learner chose:

Matching:

Matching questions require learners to match all choices, by design. Because of that, learners will see feedback for all of their matches. If Rise only indicated incorrect matches with an X, and there was no checkmark for correct answers, learners would still know which matches they got correct. 

Please let me know if that makes sense!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.