Rise 360 course not relaunching on Firefox from Totara LMS

Apr 11, 2023

We are facing a problem with the course developed in "Articulate Rise 360". The problem occurs when a course is accessed on "Mozilla Firefox" from "Totara LMS".  After successfully completing the course on the first attempt, when the course is relaunched, it doesn't launch. However, the course is relaunching fine on other browsers and on other LMS. 

Can anyone experience this issue? or have any solution for this.

5 Replies
Christopher Santos

Hi Nitin,

I'm not familiar with Totara LMS.  But I tested a sample Rise 360 course in SCORM Cloud, and I was able to access it successfully multiple times after completing it the first time.  I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

Can you make sure that you are using an updated version of Firefox?  Then try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.  Not sure how many are affected, but you can also try accessing the course from a different computer or network.

It may help to reach out to Totara support as well since this looks to be LMS-specific.  You can enable LMS debug mode to help them diagnose the problem.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Tim, 

Thank you for reaching out!

• Could you please confirm that you also use Totara as your LMS? 
  • What browser are you currently using? Nitin mentioned using Firefox. Does this behavior happen in a different browser?

As a starting point, I'd recommend my colleague Christopher's workaround steps he provided earlier in this thread. 

Please let us know your findings! We'd be happy to continue this conversation in this thread or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Eric Santos

Hello Tim,

I'm happy to chime in. Have you tried testing your course in a different LMS to confirm if the relaunching issue you're experiencing is specific to Totara LMS? As Christopher confirmed above, SCORM Cloud is a great environment that you can use for this purpose. Here's how to test your course on this platform: 

If you can replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, could I have you connect with us in a case so we can provide targeted help and find out what factors in your Rise course are causing the issue? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!