Rise 360 title issue in sidebar menu

Aug 21, 2019

Hi, 

I have a problem with words in the title text of my Rise module trickling onto the next line when in the sidebar mode. I have attached a photo.

Is there a way of fixing this? Do I need to access the CSS and reduce the font size somehow? Any advice and guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Jack. Are you on a Windows machine? You should be able to type alt+0173 to enter the soft hyphen.

We've tested this on a Windows keyboard (using the numeric keypad), and you can directly enter the soft hyphen to your course titles, lesson titles, and text blocks. The hyphen should only appear when changing the browser size forces a line break. Otherwise, there will be no space or indication that the hyphen is there.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sindy! Does your course title have a long word that is breaking in the wrong place? 

If so, place your cursor in the Rise title area in the middle of the word where you prefer for it to break. Hold the alt key and type 0173 on your numeric keypad (on the side of your Windows keyboard) while your cursor is where you prefer the hyphen to appear. It won't appear to add a hyphen in your word until you preview the course and the word is forced to break.