Rise downloading zip file instead of launching course

Jul 16, 2021

I've published lots of courses in Rise, and have never run into this problem before. One one particular course, I tried to share the course via provided link to the SMEs. Instead of being able to open the course, it downloads a zip file.

As a workaround, I published it and uploaded it into our LMS (absorb), then tried to assign it to myself to make sure it worked. It still downloads a zip file instead of launching.

Any ideas? TIA!

7 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Susan!

Sorry to hear that instead of a course share link, the link downloads a zip file.

I just tried this now by clicking on the share link and sending it to another person.

I asked a colleague to try out the link and it loads my course.

If you wish to export a SCORM file to use with your LMS, you would need to use the EXPORT function in order to download a .zip file that can be used in your LMS. 

Hope this helps you!

If you're still getting  .zip file as a download after following the share link process I posted, can you send us a video of what you are experiencing? You can share your video and course with us by opening a case here. One of our technical support engineers will assist you. 

Susan Gabrielle

Hi Hazel,

As I mentioned in my OP, I tried it both ways. I sent the link using the Share option, then exported the file to try it out in my LMS. Both options download a zip file instead of launching. I've shared and published many courses, but this is a first.

Could it be because the course was originally created by the previous person in my position? I transferred her content as the Admin when I came on board, but could that be the issue?

I'll try and send a screen share of what's happening.

Thanks.

Angelo Cruz

Hello CSIG Learning Team!

I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering issues uploading your course to your LMS.

I see that you've opened a support case and my colleague Carlo is working with you on this one. It appears that he was able to test your file in SCORM Cloud where it uploaded just fine.

Please feel free to reply back to him if you have any further questions or concerns.