Rise Forward Seeking Video Issue

Mar 07, 2019

Hoping someone can help me with an issue related to forward seeking in Rise videos. With forward seeking disabled once users have watched the completed video they are able to forward seek through the video. However, this only works if users stay within that video block.

If a user proceeds to another lesson block the first video block will revert to having forward seeking disabled, until it is watched again. I would like my users to be able to quickly review previously watched videos from anywhere in the course.

Is this possible ?

I've attached a screencast showing what I mean as well as a link to the sample Rise course.

Thanks

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/6a658407-1817-469c-980e-8016f67db7c8/review

6 Replies
Anthony Karcz

Hey, Daryl! Unfortunately, that’s not currently possible. If you have time to log a feature request that would be super helpful! Having learners to go back and review previous lessons is definitely something we want to encourage when applicable.

In the meantime, you could collect or repost your video content into a lesson at the end of the course. Then learners would be able to scroll through the lesson to review and not have their view status reset. 

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Anthony Karcz

Right! What's happening right now is that, when you leave the lesson, the course is resetting the "viewed" status of those videos. But scrolling down in the same lesson doesn't do that. So if you had the videos together in one lesson you could watch one, scroll down, watch another...and then when you went back to the first video, you'd be able to forward seek through it. 

Depending on the length of your videos, it might not be a feasible solution. I'd love to hear if anyone else has come up with a solid workaround for this!