Rise with Storyline interaction not working on mobile

Jan 04, 2018

Hi folks!

I am working on courses in Rise and love the fact I can have SL2 interactions in the course. But when viewing on mobile the interaction don't work. They show a black background with a play button. I've added a snap of how they display:

On tablet and desktop it works fine:

Anyone else come across this? Any tips, please?

Many thanks,

Maria

17 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Maria and Greg, 

I chatted with our team about this at the end of December and confirmed that this is the intended behavior for Storyline blocks in Rise. 

They're designed to go full screen automatically, and you can click the small X icon in the top left to close the lightbox and return to the Rise page itself. I shared this forum discussion and a few others with our team as a possible new feature idea! 

I'll keep ya posted here, and feel free to also submit your own feature request with us right here. 😁 

Anthony Karcz

Hi, Valesa! Some modern browsers, like Safari and Chrome now block autoplay audio and video. This keeps Storyline 360 content from playing automatically.

Since we can't change browser settings, we updated Storyline 360. Learners are presented with the playback button so they can view Storyline 360 content regardless of browser restrictions. This article goes into the change a bit more

One other note, when viewing Storyline 360 content in a Rise 360 course on a mobile device, your learners will always see the playback button (you can test this when you preview your course in Rise 360). 

If there are specific interactions that aren't working properly in your Storyline block, please let me know and I'll see what I can do for you!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Drew! Thanks for reaching out! 

This is expected behavior for Preview Mode for Mobile. If you view on the actual device for published content, Share Link or Review 360, this will play normally as intended. 

That being said, we understand the confusion and are tracking requests to get this to preview on Mobile Preview as well. We'll let you know if we make any changes to this!

Karyn Murray

Hi, I just wanted to add to the conversation and request a change to be able to preview SL elements on a mobile as well. At the moment it's  not clear that if you published it it would be OK... ideally I want a preview to see if the activity designed in SL is OK to comfortably use on a smaller mobile device etc. Thank you!

Stephanie Luckey

So has there been an updates on this issue?  Seems like everyone wants it to just be viewable on phone device without there being any issues or additional window openings (this will deter learners from confusing, especially with a field based workforce who rely on taking trainings via phone).

I hope there is an actual solve coming!

Melor Alui

Hi,

I am also facing with the same issue. I am not able to preview the storyline interaction in mobile mode. I have not tried it on actual mobile and I hope it is working. It will be helpful if we can have the mobile preview on rise so that we can check on how it is working. Are there any support for this request?

Lea Agato

Hi Meriem! Storyline blocks will always have a play button in mobile browsers and this is the intended design. However, instead of the black screen that you normally see, you can edit your Storyline course and select a cover photo in the player settings, and this will be used in the Storyline block in Rise.  Here's how.

I hope this helps!