Storyline inserted into Rise - Thumbnail?

Jul 10, 2020

I have inserted a SL module into Rise and I get a blank screen with an arrow. Is there anyway to get a thumbnail or at least a ghosted image of the first slide before they click the stat arrow?

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Steve! You'll see the play button covering the Storyline Block if there is audio or video on the first slide. Learners will need to click the play button to display the slide content. This is expected behavior since Chrome requires a "click" to allow autoplay of media.

You can prevent this by adding an intro slide to the beginning of the Storyline block that contains no media files.

Steve Nixon

Thanks Alyssa, it's all good now. I appreciate your reply. I created a one second slide that had no audio on it and then had it automatically transition to the exact same slide with the intro narration on it. We now have a beautiful thumbnail for our SL module that has been placed into Rise. So cool!

Best, Steve

Gren Foronda

Hi Kazeem!

The feature of auto-playing audio and video isn't available in Rise. Users must click the play button to start an audio or video file. This is why embedded Storyline 360 content does not automatically start in the Rise 360 course. Also, most web and phone browsers actually prevent auto-play of media; it needs to be user-initiated.

Alexander Young

The above solution of putting a slide with no audio or video works perfectly. 

Is there a similar workaround if the audio in a presentation is added as background music?, (that is plays on every slide.) Even though, I use a trigger to pause the background audio for the first slide, the Storyine object displays in Rise with the Start Arrow.  is it possible to have background audio that does not register on the first slide?

Thanks and regards

Alex