Tincan Playback Issues: error "The media could not be loaded..."

Nov 10, 2020

Hello,
We are facing issue with Tincan exports functioning. Exporting a course from https://rise.articulate.com/ in Tincan format works fine- the course gets exported without any issues. However, when we try to run in via index, we are facing issue with video playback. The course interface opens, but when we try to play the video, we get a following message: ‘The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.’ We tried running the course in different internet browsers and on multiple PCs, but the issues persists. This error affects all of our exports today. We tested also exporting older courses that already were exported previously without any issues, but today when we try to run the TinCan course, we also get the same error on them. Is there anything we can do or is this an issue from your side?

16 Replies
Nikita Mikhaylov

Hi Renz, 

Thank you for answer. We are waiting for some resolution because this issue influencing our work, we can not deliver affected RISE projects because of that. 

We didn't receive any feedback from Shiela, I hope she'll contact me directly by a mail (was mentioned in ticket)

Thank you for support.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Nikita!

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked and Shiela last contacted you to inform you of this issue and that we have it documented. If you don't see her reply please check your SPAM folder and make sure with your IT that you can receive notifications from us by adding @articulate.com domain to an approved senders list or a company allowlist.

We’re still working on this issue, and we’ll definitely let you know when we know more.

Nikita Mikhaylov

Hi Renz, 

Thanks for your answer.

I checked Spam folder and nothing for Shiela, also I received notification about your reply from @articulate.com without a problem (screenshot attached), so probably issue is somewhere else. 

Please ask her to contact me again in case of your team will find solution and mention here also. 

Thank you. 

Justin Vella

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the same error. Whenever I try to launch my video on a Rise 360 course I created it is giving me the following error:

The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

My video format is mp4. Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Andre Farrugia