TIP: Multi-character Scenario block

May 08, 2023

Have you ever wanted to use more than one character in a Rise Scenario block?

As Glinda the Good Witch would say, “You had the power all along!”

The Rise Scenario block allows you to choose a character and background for each scene. It’s one of those features that’s often overlooked.

See a demonstration here:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/ca7a5893-9f69-4daf-a271-ead942b0b553/review

The demo in Review also includes some basic instructions. The best to way learn? Try it yourself! If you’re unsure how to proceed, duplicate your scenario block, so you’ll be able to go back to an earlier version if needed.

Note: I created the demo after seeing multiple questions in the Forum about using more than one character in Scenarios. But I think Storyline might provide a better experience, since that program gives you more control than Rise. The "best" option truly depends on the scenario/situation you want to show.

9 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

Good tips. To follow on what Judy shared, here are a couple of other ideas. 

• Any place where there's a click and reveal block in Rise, those can be converted to some sort of scenario with a choice (click) and feedback (reveal). Example.
  • Here's two character scenario. It's set up similar to what Judy did with different scenes.
Cynthia O'Connell

My update to this conversation is that I was successful in creating a 2 person scenario discussion in Rise, where a manager discusses assessment scoring with a clinician on 4 questions.  I used a combination of dialogue and text to have this communication back and forth work, while also  allowing the reader to see the question and it's choices and choose one with feedback.