tracking how many minutes a use watched in a video in an Articulate Rise lesson

Mar 03, 2017

Hello, 

I just wanted to know if the progress of a video within an Articulate Rise lesson could be tracked. So, I've created a large course using Rise, but after reviewing a few things afterwards, it seems like a user could just skip over the short videos included in the lessons and go straight to the quiz at the end. 

In a perfect world, the videos could be tracked to see if they even watched each one completely. 

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Sadig

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Sadig,

I'd agree with Erin that you may want to use the Pre-built Video Lesson if you want to require your learners to click Play and watch the entire video completely. This video I recorded using Peek explains a bit more about how that works. 

If you're concerned about users skipping over video content in a Blocks lesson, it sounds like the underlying concern is that learners won’t really digest the content. I wanted to point you to Adam's thoughts on the topic here, in case you're interested!

Hopefully one of these video options will work for your design. That's what makes Rise so different from other responsive authoring tools - it offers flexibility and options in an easy to use app, and you'll get a visually-stunning course every time. :)

Eileen Fernandez-Parker

Karl,

Do any of the block types enable video tracking? I'm using the embedded video code, but a person just has to scroll on by to get credit. I'm having the same issue with all interactive activities.  I've set the module to be restricted when exported as a SCORM package and imported into my LMS.

Thanks,

Eileen

Jose Tansengco

Hi Aimee,

Happy to help!

Tracking if learners have viewed an embedded video in Rise 360 isn't currently possible since these videos exist in a different platform. Embedded videos can't communicate if the timeline of the video has ended because the video isn't hosted in the same place as the Rise 360 course. You'll want to download a copy of the video and add it using a video block if you want to make the video block part of the course's navigation.