Forum Discussion

PatCummins
Community Member
3 months ago

Translation - Issue with Labels

I'm having an issue with swapping out the label set with a translated version, and was curious if anyone has had a similar issue, and possibly a solution.
I'm trying to add a Portuguese label set via the Upload from XLIFF option. I get the Portuguese labels added, however, I'm now finding that any course that I'm the owner of is automatically displaying the Portuguese labels, even though those courses are still set to English.
I've attached an image showing one of the courses I'm not translating displaying Portuguese labels even though the labels for that course are still set to English.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

4 Replies

• Hi Pat!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in Rise 360. This bug causes an untranslated label set to appear as a 'ghost label' using the default language when imported. As a result, the course preview will show the author label set that was currently uploaded. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Hello Pat,

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where an untranslated label set appears as a "ghost label" using the default language. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

PatCummins
      Community Member

Thanks for the prompt fix. I was able to test it yesterday on a few courses, and everything seemed to be working fine, until earlier this morning. Now, any time we click on the Label tab under settings, we get an error: "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact support if the problem persists". It's been doing this for several hours with many of our course developers.

EricSantos
        Staff

Hi Pat,

Thanks for reporting what you saw with the error message today. I'm sorry to hear you also encountered this. Other users have reported that behavior and our product team has applied a quick fix to allow access to the Label settings again.

Please refresh your browser to apply the fix, and let me know if the error still appears. We'd be happy to assist further if necessary!