Uploading Rise File to SharePoint

Feb 28, 2017

Hey All! I am looking to export a Rise File and upload it to a SharePoint site. Has anyone attempted this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cara

35 Replies
Sharon English

Hi Cara,

We use SharePoint (2007) at work and like you, I have a need to embed both interactions from Engage and courses from Rise directly into the Sharepoint performance platforms I've created. For Rise courses I've been doing it via a content editor web part (inserting a thumbnail that is hyperlinked to the Rise share URL). For Engage interactions, I publish to either Articulate Online or to the Articulate 360 and add that URL as a hyperlink. I've included a screen grab.

I've used the content editor web parts to embed video directly (not needing the thumbnail) via the source editor but I've not tried that for my Articulate courses. It just came to me as I was typing this so I'll try and let you know.

I'm by no means a SharePoint expert, so I'd love to hear from others.

Justin Grenier

Hey, Cara!

Here's a quick Peek (recorded for another customer) at how to upload a Rise course to a web server.  Understanding that your situation is a little different, here are a few things we've learned about SharePoint over the years:

• SharePoint Online (the Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Edition) won't play HTML files. As a result, SharePoint Online can't host published Rise content, which includes HTML files.
  • You should be able to upload Rise content to a SharePoint Server you host, and you'll want to check with your SharePoint administrator for instructions on how to host HTML content. Depending on your version of SharePoint, you may need to switch to explorer view before uploading content, or you may need to check in content after uploading it. Your administrator will know for sure.
  • If you need to track learners' progress and results, publish your Rise content for LMS and use SharePoint's free Learning Kit.

Sharon's suggestion to insert a thumbnail that is hyperlinked to the Rise SHARE URL is good for testing, but the Share feature is really for designed for light sharing, not so much for production training or embedding in another site.

Please let us know how it goes!

AJ Ford

Justin - this was very helpful. Thank you.  For SharePoint Online, we were able to rename the .html to .aspx. I know that's not a super efficient solution, but it worked for our specific need. (We're just working on how to get SharePoint to index the content so that it can be accessed via SharePoint search.)

Norman Gupton

Hello. I use SharePoint 2010, and I have no issues uploading Rise content. I'm not sure if this works in 2013 or Office365 versions. But here are the steps I follow.

1. Export the course as an LMS from Rise (not as a Web Page only).
  2. Unzip the downloaded SCORM file.
  3. Copy the entire folder to a location on the SharePoint.
  4. Access the scormcontent folder.
  5. Right click on the index file (HTML document) and copy the link.
  6. Share the link with those who need to access the content.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Patrick and Amanda,

I’m sorry that you’re each experiencing difficulty with this.

This post from my colleague may help answer some of your questions.

If you’re still feeling stuck please feel free to reach out to our Support Team for immediate assistance.

Please reach out if I can help with anything else!

Liza Haarhoff

Hi everyone

I'm having the same problem too - created a new folder in Documents on Sharepoint site contents. I added the entire unzipped SCORM file, and It won't let me right click to get the code to copy on the index. Even if I change the Index file to .aspx, it changes it back automatically to .html