Video Size Limitations in Rise

Jun 03, 2019

Hello all!

I have a MP4 video I'm trying to load to Rise and it just says "processing", but nothing happens. The video size is 219,361KB. Any suggestions? Thanks!

48 Replies
Danielle Wallace

I'm finding that every single day for the past 4 days that videos get permanently stuck in "processing" yet the Articulate 360 system isn't down. The only solution seems to clear my cache each time and re-log in each time I want to add a video.  Is there any other solution or is anyone else having this issue? 

IT Econometrica

I have been trying to upload MP4 videos for a few days now as well, and none of them have been successful. Current one is only 15MB, and it just seems to be stuck processing.

In the meantime as a workaround I can just upload to Vimeo and embed that here I suppose.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Jessica and CDC Foundation! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble uploading videos to Rise 360. 

Please try these steps, and let me know if this resolves the problem:

1. Delete the video block.
  2. Log out of Rise 360.
  3. Log back into Rise 360.
  4. Open the course, and add a new video block.
  5. Upload the video again.

If you're still getting stuck, please open a case here, and our Support Engineers will be standing by to help!

Roni Borri

I'm having the same issue today. It is a large file (178MB) but well within the limits. Very frustrating. It would be incredibly reassuring to have a progress bar or percentage on the processing step, as at least then we could tell if it was plodding along, or if we needed to restart the process. 

Can you clarify what is happening during processing? Does it still use my bandwidth, or is processing done solely at the Articulate end?

Roni Borri
Roni Borri

I'm having the same issue today. It is a large file (178MB) but well within the limits. Very frustrating. It would be incredibly reassuring to have a progress bar or percentage on the processing step, as at least then we could tell if it was plodding along, or if we needed to restart the process. 

Can you clarify what is happening during processing? Does it still use my bandwidth, or is processing done solely at the Articulate end?

It got there eventually :)

Crystal Horn

I'm glad it got there, Roni! I'm sorry it took a long time. There could be something in your internet environment that is causing a delay. Larger videos obviously take a bit more time, but if you're having consistent problems with videos uploading, we'd be happy to have a closer look. Click here to start a private conversation with my team if you need to!

Dave Smilie

I am having the same issue today.  File size is 351MB.  Start upload but then get a message that says "Your computer is offline" followed by "your session has timed out."  The only option from there is to refresh which resets any progress.

I have tried both editing and starting from scratch with the same result.  Trying to upload a MP4.

Lea Agato

Hi Dave, when you get the “Your computer is offline” message, have you tried using a different browser and see if the same issues occur?  Also, does this happen when you upload other video files as well?  If you’re persistently having this issue when uploading your videos, you can open a case here and our Support Engineers will work closely with you to troubleshoot the problem.

Zoelfah Hardien

Hi, I need your assistance please. My uploads are taking forever. I have tried various methods to speed up the process but it just keeps saying uploading. I have created various courses on rise using multiple videos but this is the first time it is taking this long. A sample of the type of video is attached.

Please assist

Renz Sevilla

Hi Zoelfah! 

Thanks for sharing your sample file, you can go ahead and remove it as it may contain sensitive information by editing your previous message, then removing the attachment.

Your file checks out, as its an MP4 which is a supported file, it's less than 215MB and the naming convention is fine. 

Here are something you can try:

• You can try clearing your browser cache and renaming the file to upload again.
  • You can try another browser or safe mode on your browser
  • You can try checking your connection and restarting
Chino Navarro

Hi Frank,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading a storyline video into your Rise 360 course. Is the issue happening to other videos as well?

Here are a couple of things you can try:

• Try using a different browser.
  • Make sure your device and browser are both fully updated.
  • Restart your device.

If the issue persits, feel free to create a support case here. Our support engineers are ready to help.