Videos previews as black screens.

Apr 04, 2024

Hi there, 

I have been loading videos into rise 360 courses and they use to show with a preview picture and in the last month they only show as a black screen. Can anyone tell me what might have changed? 

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Jodie!

Happy to help with this!

To clarify, are the videos you added in the past different than the ones you are currently working with? By design, Rise 360 displays the first frame of a video, and it sounds like the first frame of certain videos is black. However, there are ways to work around this behavior by using Replay 360.

• One option is to trim the black frame from the beginning of the video so the first frame is an image of the video itself.
  • Another option is to add an image to the first frame of the video to simulate a thumbnail.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Jodie Langley

Hi Steven,
Thanks so much for assisting with my question on the black screen when adding videos into rise 360. The curious thing is that nothing has changed in the way I edit videos. I use an image to the first frame of the video and I always trim the start, So it has stumped me as to why in the last month all my videos are now loading with a black screen.
Any other ideas as to why this could be happening?

Jodie Langley
Sales Capability Manager

+61 (0)402424859
Jodie.langley@sanofi.com
87 Yarraman Place, Virginia QLD 4014
[X]

[X][X][X][X][X]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary information, and is intended only to be seen and used by the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are notified that any discussion, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, and permanently delete the original and any copies of the e-mail, any attachments, and any printout without reading, distributing or copying them. Thank you.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Jodie,

Trimming the start of the video could be what's causing the issue since this is where you placed your image file for the frame. You can try trimming/editing the video first, then using Replay 360 or your preferred video editing software to add an image file right at the very start of the video to see if this makes a difference.

Also, your contact information came through as well. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!