Words being mysteriously changed, but only for SOME students

May 17, 2021

What could be wrong when a learner reports that a single word in the middle of a sentence in a Rise course has changed, but only for her and not for anyone else. When I check it looks fine, and others that I ask report that it looks fine. Sounds like a browser setting to me, or what could it be? Have anyone else experienced this?

14 Replies
Kompetenslaget

Hi, Hazel...I will ask her to try different browsers. It is the boss of the company that bought the course, so it feels embarrassing since I promised her that it can be viewed on any browser or platform with equally impressive results... If anyone has experienced this, I would be very interested in the reason for it and what settings to change in the browser.

Bérangère DURANSON

Je rencontre un problème similaire : certains mots se modifient sans que je le demande dans l'éditeur. La syntaxe de mes phrases n'a donc plus aucun sens et surtout on a l'impression que je ne sais pas écrire correctement !!!!! Impossible d'empêcher ces changements de mots, je ne sais pas quoi faire !!! Help !

SOS Campus SOS Alarm Sverige AB

I can totally relate since I have worked as a consultant earlier. Now, fortunately for me, I have "only" internal users and therefore these kind of things are not as grave. Still it´s annoying of course and a problem since this user couldn´t even understand the text. It seemed like the browser missunderstood some of the words as english and translated them out of contextet to swedish. (Kind of funny for us swedes: "sin man" became "syndmännen")

I hope to a solution will be posted here. 

Renz Sevilla

Hey all! Sharing this for anyone else who runs into this in the future. If you're using Chrome, the Spellcheck and Auto Translate may be mistranslating or replacing words.

This can be turned off or adjusted in Chrome Settings > Advanced Settings > Language

chromesettings

If you still continue to have trouble after adjusting settings in Chrome, you can try another supported browser in its latest version such as Firefox, Safari and Edge. Hope that helps!