The folders interaction in Engage 360 lets learners explore the contents of a series of folders. Use the folders interaction to:
- Walk through a list of related concepts.
- Identify members of a group.
- Compare several objects.
- Exploring the Editor
- Adding Folders to an Interaction
- Renaming Folders
- Rearranging Folders
- Deleting Folders
- Adding Content to Folders
The Folders editor has three columns with the following panels:
Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage folders for the interaction.
Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each folder.
Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in a folders interaction is called a folder. To add a folder to your interaction, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Folders tab on the ribbon and click Add Folder.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected folder(s).
New folders get added just below the folder that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new folders get added above it.
Tip: A folders interaction can have up to 16 folders (not counting the introduction and summary).
To rename a folder, do either of the following:
- Double-click the folder in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Type the new name and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the folder in the Steps panel, then type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of folders, select one or more folders in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the folders will be dropped when your mouse button is released.
- Go to the Folders tab on the ribbon, click Move Folder, then select Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete a folder, select it in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Folders tab on the ribbon and click Delete Folder.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
To add text, audio, and media to each folder in your interaction, see these user guides: