The quick choice interaction in Engage 360 lets learners find information through self-directed discovery. Use the quick choice interaction to:
- Teach interpersonal skills.
- Differentiate true and false information about a subject.
- Test learners’ knowledge of a subject in an ungraded format.
- Exploring the Editor
- Adding Choices to Your Interaction
- Renaming Choices
- Rearranging Choices
- Deleting Choices
- Adding Content to Choices
- Changing the Numbering Style
The quick choice editor has three columns with the following panels:
Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage choices for your interaction.
Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each choice.
Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in a quick choice interaction is called a choice. To add a choice, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon and click Add Choice.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected choice(s).
New choices get added just below the choice that's currently selected in the Steps panel.
Tip: A quick choice interaction can have up to five choices. (It doesn't have an introduction or summary.)
To rename a choice, do either of the following:
- Double-click the choice in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Type the new name and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the choice in the Steps panel, then type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
To change the order of choices, select one or more choices in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the choices will be dropped when your mouse button is released.
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon, click Move Choice, then select Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
To delete a choice, select it in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon and click Delete Choice.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
To add text, audio, and media to each choice in your interaction, see these user guides:
To change the numbering style for choices in your interaction, do this:
- Go to the Quick Choice tab on the ribbon and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the Quick Choice tab on the left side of the window that appears.
- Choose a numbering style from the Number choices using drop-down.
- Click OK.