Publish your quiz to Articulate 360 to collect feedback from stakeholders and track version history with Articulate Review. It’s a great way to collaborate on a project before distributing the finalized quiz.
- Choose to Publish a New Item or Update an Existing Item
- Change the Quiz Thumbnail Image
- Choose Your Publish Formats
- Adjust the Player Properties and Quality Settings
- Distribute Your Published Quiz
- Go to the Home tab on the Quizmaker ribbon and click Publish.
- When the Publish window appears, select the Articulate 360 tab on the left.
- Choose to publish a new item or update an existing item:
- Create a new item: Mark this option to publish a brand new content item to Articulate 360, then give it a title. (The title defaults to the name of your project file. Changing the title here won't affect the name of your project file.)
- Publish a new version of an existing item: Mark this option to update an existing content item in Articulate 360, then select the item you want to update. (Articulate 360 keeps track of version history, so you can still view previously published versions of the content item.)
By default, Quizmaker uses an image of the first slide in your quiz as the thumbnail image on your Articulate Review home page, but you can choose a different image.
- Temporarily switch to the Web tab on the left side of the Publish window.
- Click the ellipsis button (...) beside the Title field to open the Project Info window.
- Click the hyperlinked text below the default image, then select a different slide in your quiz or click Picture from File to choose an image on your hard drive.
- Click OK to close the Project Info window.
- Switch back to the Articulate 360 tab on the left side of the Publish window to finish the publishing process.
In Quizmaker 360, you can choose which formats are included in your published output—HTML5, Flash, and/or Articulate Mobile Player.
- Click the Formats property on the Publish window to open this Publish Formats dialog.
- Use the Publish As slider to choose one of these options:
- HTML5: This publishes your quiz as HTML5 output only.
- HTML5/Flash: This publishes your quiz as HTML5 first with Flash fallback. Learners will see HTML5 output if they’re using a supported HTML5 browser. If not, they’ll see Flash output.
- Flash/HTML5: This publishes your quiz as Flash first with HTML5 fallback. Learners will see Flash output if they’re using a Flash-enabled browser. If not, they’ll see HTML5 output.
- Flash: This publishes your quiz as Flash output only.
- If you choose one of the publish formats above that includes Flash output, you’ll also have the option to include Articulate Mobile Player output. Just mark the box to Use Articulate Mobile Player for iOS and Android.
Articulate Mobile Player output is the default view for learners with iPads and Android devices.
While Quizmaker 360’s superior HTML5 output and new responsive player give learners the best viewing experience on tablets and smartphones, one unique benefit of the Articulate Mobile Player app is the option to view content offline. To let learners view your quiz offline, just mark the box to Allow downloading for offline viewing.
After downloading a quiz to their Articulate Mobile Player, learners can view it at any time, with or without internet access, even if you remove the quiz from Articulate 360.
- Click OK to save your selections and return to the Publish window.
Use the Properties section of the Publish window to make last-minute changes to your quiz player and quality settings.
- The Player property shows the name of the player currently assigned to your project. (The player is the interface viewers see around the perimeter of your quiz.) To make adjustments to your player, click the player name to open the player editor.
- The Quality property lets you control the compression settings for audio clips, videos, and pictures. The quality settings default to whatever you used the last time you published a quiz. To change them, click the Quality property, make your adjustments, and click OK.
- Choose Standard if you want to use the default settings: optimal video quality of 5, audio bitrate of 56 kbps, and image quality of 80%.
- Choose Custom if you want to define your own quality settings. Drag the slider for any of the three values to change the compression. Higher values give you higher-quality output but also larger file sizes (which means longer download times). Lower values give you smaller file sizes and faster download times, but the visual and audio quality will be lower as well.
- Mark the Optimize Audio Volume box to normalize audio throughout your quiz for consistent volume.
Tip: If your quiz audio already has consistent volume, you can speed up the publishing process by unchecking this option.
When you're finished making selections, click the Publish button.
Your content gets published and uploaded to Articulate 360 all at once. How fast this happens depends on the size of your quiz and your internet connection.
When the Publish Successful window appears, click View Quiz to open Articulate 360 in your default web browser and manage the quiz you just uploaded.
To give viewers access to your published quiz:
- Open your web browser to your Articulate Review home page and click your quiz to open it.
- Click Share in the upper right corner.
- If you want to password-protect your quiz, mark the box to Set a password and enter a password in the field provided.
- Copy the shareable link, then send it to your viewers. Be sure to give them the password, too, if you added one.
If you don’t want viewers to post comments on your quiz, click the ellipsis (...) button in the upper right corner and choose Disable comments.