Storyline 3 lets you create interactive courses, easily. If you can imagine it, you can build it. No coding required.
You can start new courses from scratch or save time by using templates.
- Start a New Project from Scratch
- Start a New Project by Recording a Screencast
- Start a New Project by Importing Content
- Start a New Project from a Template
- Save Your Project
- Change Your Slide Size
There are three ways to begin a new project from scratch:
- Click New Project on the Storyline start screen.
- Press Ctrl+N on your keyboard.
- If you already have a project open, go to the File tab on the ribbon and click New.
Storyline will open a new project with a single blank slide in Story View.
You can start a new project by recording a screencast. Just click Record Screen on the Storyline start screen. See this user guide for details.
You can also start a new project by importing content from other sources. Just click Import on the Storyline start screen.
See these user guides for details:
- Importing Slides from PowerPoint
- Importing Slides from Quizmaker
- Importing Engage Interactions
- Importing Slides from Other Storyline Projects
- Importing Questions from Excel Spreadsheets and Text Files
Save time by starting new projects from Storyline templates. See this user guides for details.
To save a new project, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+S.
- Click the Save icon on the Quick Access Toolbar in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Go to the File tab on the Storyline ribbon, then choose Save or Save As.
If you attempt to close Storyline without first saving your project, you'll be prompted to save it.
To avoid unexpected behavior, save projects on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). For more tips on managing your project files, see this user guide.
When you begin a new Storyline project from scratch, your slide size will default to 720 pixels wide by 540 pixels high.
You can change the slide size, and now's the best time to do so—before you add any content. If you change the slide size after adding content, some objects may need to be resized or rearranged.
See Setting Your Slide Size for details.