Video content takes your e-learning projects to the next level, but what if you don’t have the resources to record and edit your own videos? Check out YouTube, Vimeo, Yahoo, and other websites for on-topic videos, then embed them in your courses.
Note: Website videos play independently of the slide and aren’t controlled by the seekbar.
Adding Website Videos
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Add Slide Video from Website.
- Copy the video embed code from the hosting website and paste it into the Insert Video from Website box.
- Click OK, then set the following properties for your video:
- Show video: Decide whether you want the video to appear in the slide or in a separate browser window.
- Play video: Choose to play the video automatically or only when learners click it. (Note that modern browsers are beginning to prevent media from autoplaying, so learners may need to click a web video for it to play even if you set this option to "automatically.")
- Show video controls: This box will always be grayed-out for website videos.
- Start video: Decide when you want the video to play. By default, it'll play as soon as learners reach the slide. If you'd prefer to wait a certain number of seconds before playing the video, enter a number in the field provided.
- Do not compress video at publish: This box will always be grayed-out for website videos. (Only MP4 videos can be uncompressed. To learn more, see this user guide.)
- Alternate Text: Enter a description in this field to help learners with screen readers understand the content.
- To preview your video, use the play/pause and stop buttons below the thumbnail image.
- To edit the embed code, click the blue text below the thumbnail image.
- Click OK when you've finished making selections.