As 2022 approaches, you might be thinking about where you want to take your career in the new year. Whether you’re considering deepening your skills in your current work, taking on new responsibilities, or even making the leap to a new role, this roundup of 2021 articles shares practical advice that can help you figure out your next steps.
- Answering Your Top Questions on Becoming an Instructional Designer: With e-learning exploding in popularity over the last few years, more people than ever have discovered instructional design as a potential career path—in particular, classroom teachers and facilitators. This article answers some of the most common questions about the role of an instructional designer and how your existing skills apply to this new context.
- 5 Things to Include in Your E-Learning Portfolio: If you’re looking for a new learning and development role, a portfolio can be a powerful way to highlight your skills for prospective employers. But what exactly needs to go into a portfolio to make it persuasive? In this article, you’ll explore different elements to include to help your portfolio stand out from the rest.
- 3 Ways to Ensure Your E-Learning Clients Keep Coming Back for More: How you wrap up a project can leave a lasting impression on clients. And if it goes well, you’ll be the first person they contact when new work comes along. Whether you’re working with external clients or internal stakeholders, try these three tips to make sure they’re happy with the final result and excited about working with you again.
- 2 Ways to Show the Value of Online Training: It’s not uncommon for companies to be a bit foggy about the benefits of learning and development. Use this article to reframe online training in terms your partners will understand. These approaches are handy for negotiating for more budget, headcount, or even a well-deserved raise.
- Rounding Up Resources for E-Learning Freelancers: Are you considering whether freelancing is right for you? Maybe you’ve already set up your own company and are looking for ways to make running the business side of it easier? Pick up tips on how to thrive as an e-learning freelancer in this curated collection.
- 3 Tips for Building an Effective E-Learning Project Team: Whether you’re leading or managing a project, things are easier when you have a team of highly skilled individuals. This article will help you identify who to bring into your project team and how to organize their work so everything runs smoothly.
- 6 Ways to Improve Your E-Learning Skills: Continuing to build on your design and development abilities doesn’t necessarily require formal classes or courses. In this article, you’ll discover informal ways to build your e-learning skills that are easy to weave into a busy schedule and can make a notable impact on your work.
Have any additional career-related tips that you’ve found helpful over the last year? Be sure to share them in the comments below. And if you’re loving this year-end inspiration, take a look at our roundup of the most popular Storyline 360 downloads and stay tuned for even more Best of 2021 content coming soon!
Follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning.