Quiz missing submit button when rendered in Presenter 360

Feb 09, 2017

Can't believe this 360 version is so painful to use. I've spent 2 days trying to get a quiz (which has the submit button in it when I play it alone) to play in the rendered version of 360 Presenter.  Nothing on the help tuts. Actually, pretty much nothing on any  360 Help or FAQ. 

15 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Terence.  I'd hate to see you struggling.  First, I want to be sure that you have access to our full User Guides for Studio 360.

So to make sure that I understand, you have a quiz that you have built in Quizmaker, and you are importing it into your PowerPoint project.  When doing so, the submit button is not carrying over for those slides...?  Are you seeing this when previewing?  How about after publishing?

I'll do some testing on my end.  Thanks for the additional information!

Rob Tingle

I WAS having the same issue and noticed that the bottom ribbon was missing.  The bottom ribbon usually contains the submit button.  To fix this I added a control in Presenter by selecting slide properties, layout features, controls, volume.  This forces Presenter to render a bottom ribbon which then provides Quizmaker the space needed for it's Submit button.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sue,

This discussion is a bit older, but I'd like to take a look at your files and do some testing. Have you added the quiz inside Presenter, or is it standalone? If it's in your Presenter course you'll want to share the Presenter package, otherwise the .quiz file will do. 

Do you also know what update of Articulate 360 you're using? The latest is Update 19. 

Theresa Halverson

I know that this is an old thread, but I am having that problem now as well. I am using Articulate 360 (all updated) and have created a stand alone quiz and have put it into a PowerPoint. The first slide in the quiz is an ungraded blank slide with a link to a video and the second slide is an acknowledgement page with yes or no answers. When I preview the quiz, the next and previous buttons are visible on the first slide and submit button is visible on the second slide, but when I publish it, the buttons are all missing. I tried the suggestion above and added the volume button, but that didn't fix the problem (and the volume button isn't visible either). Have there been any new suggestions for this problem or is there something in my quiz or course settings that I'm missing? I've never had this happen before on anything else.

Vincent Scoma

Hey Theresa,

I am sorry to hear that you are running into this roadblock.

I looked into some of the previous cases and with the behavior you are describing, I would start with these troubleshooting steps to see if that helps: Studio 360: How to Fix Unexpected or Erratic Behavior

With your permission, I would also like to review your file as well. You can share it publicly to this thread or you can always share it privately with our Support Engineers. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look! 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Melissa!

It sounds like a quick repair did the trick! 

If you're still running into this snag, I'm happy to take a look at your file! You can share your file with us by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. Or if you prefer to share the file privately, use this link and out Support Engineers will take a look!

Diane Smith

I am having the same problem with Presenter and Quizmaker 360. I 'upgraded' an Articulate '13 course by opening it in Presenter 360, then opening the quiz in Quizmaker 360 - at both points, Articulate 360 asked if I wanted to 'upgrade' - to which I said yes.  

Everything on the PowerPoint slides looked normal, so I published for SCORM1.2. Then I had a thought: "I should really test this before trying it out on the LMS." So I previewed it - and there is no Submit button on the first quiz question (What the...?).  So I open Quizmaker to "Edit Quiz" and preview there.  No Submit button on any quiz slides. 

I went through all the troubleshooting - even uninstalled, repaired powerpnt.exe registry (https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-Studio-360-How-to-Fix-Unexpected-or-Erratic-Behavior) and confirmed MS Visual Studio was installed, rebooted, and nothing. 

Not only is the Submit button missing, but when I open the Player to toggle the Volume or Menu, or Seekbar - none of them are showing up at all (not in the Preview panel for the Player and not in Preview for the project). Nothing. 

Ren Gomez

Hi Diane,

I'm so sorry you're running into these issues when you upgraded your course! I see that you've opened a case, and my teammate, Peter, has offered some reasons why that may be happening and has requested your files if you need additional troubleshooting.

Keep at it with him, and feel free to upload your package to get to the root of the issue!

Becca Levan

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes, Lauren! ⭐️

So sorry you're facing a similar snag, and I don't see a standard solution for the missing submit button on quiz slides.

I'd recommend getting connected with one of our support engineers from here, so they can help determine what's causing this to happen. Feel free to share your file here, and someone from my team will reach out soon with the next step!