Replay 360 - screen shifts & cursor off alignment

Jul 05, 2017

I just recorded my first Replay and everything was looking but during recording the screen shifted to the right. In the output, you can see that the recording window (marked with red highlight) has shifted.  Also, the cursor that displays is never actually where my cursor really was during recording.   

Here's the output, uploaded to YouTube so you can see what I'm probably not adequately describing. I cued up the share to just a few seconds before the shift.  Plus, just another couple of seconds and you'll be able to see how I'm highlighting info on the screen, but the actual mouse cursor appears to be higher and to the left.  

I'm on a Surface Studio but I was using mouse, not touch screen). I'm working on files locally.  The entire shot (screen and webcam) was done in one take (no splits, etc.)  but I did pause and then press play a few times while doing that one take.  

Let me know if you need any more info.  Thanks!

Bethany

12 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Bethany,

Sorry to hear that you've run into an issue with your content shifting like that. The video certainly helped me in understanding what you were experiencing as well, so thank you for that.

Can you confirm you're using a DPI setting of 96 as described here. I've also seen Windows 7 cause issue, and that is detailed within this article as well as a way to repair your software if needed.

Let us know how that troubleshooting works for you and if we can further assist.

Sabrina Schiaratura

Hello,
Apparently it is something in our settings but I couldn't find exact information on how to solve it.
So now, I am working in Storyline, you can directly do a video from the slide (record screen option)
I hope this helps.

This message and any attachments (the " message ") contains privileged or confidential information and is the property of AGC GLASS EUROPE or its subsidiaries. If you are the intended addressee, please keep in mind the confidential nature of this material and share it only with authorized persons. If you are not the intended recipient and received this message in error, please delete it immediately and be aware that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, disclose or use it or any part thereof.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Steve.

Sabrina gave you a good suggestion above, but I want to make sure we look at what's happening with your Replay 360 recordings. 

Can you confirm your Display Settings has the Scale Layout set to 100% when you make a recording? Here's how to check it in Windows 10:

1. Right-click your desktop and select Display settings.
  2. Click the Display tab in the upper left corner of the window that appears.
  3. Under Scale and layout, select 100% from the drop-down list.

If it was different than 100%, please try it again after changing it and let me know if it works!

Lauren Connelly

Hello Tania!

Did you record while the scale was set to 100%? If not, we are seeing the red line does appear when recording a screen when the scale is not 100%.

We've reported this to our team and logged this behavior as a possible software bug. I'm happy to keep you updated on the progress of this bug in this discussion.