Insert Engage into Storyline

Jul 28, 2021

I am working with Articulate Engage. Ultimately I want to be able to import the Engage into Rise. I noticed on online posts that I would need a web server to embed Engage as html. That’s fine, working on that route. In the meantime, I would like to insert the Engage into Storyline and I have researched how to do it and attempted. I have engage 360 and storyline 360. My issues is: I don’t know the format in which to export the Engage file so that I can embed it into Storyline. I have tried to insert as a web object but the error is stating that I need the index. I change the file name of the html interaction to index and still no dice. Any suggestions?

Eventually, I want to embed the Storyline-with the Engage interactions-into Rise.

13 Replies
Jennifer Culbertson

Thank you Marina, we have inserted engage into storyline and then into Rise. The one question that I can't seem to figure out is when I insert the storyline with the engage into rise, I get a player arrow in order to start the interaction. I would like for it to just appear like any other interaction. I researched it and people said that if there is a video file or audio file in the storyline that it will show the arrow because it thinks that there is something to "play". I checked my storyline file and I don't have anything except the engage piece. Any suggestions or work arounds? Thanks a bunch!

Jennifer Culbertson

Hello Maria, I think I may not have responded properly and my questions didn't come back to you. They are posted below in the feed. I have one more, is there a way to turn off the sound in Engage so that Rise doesn't think it needs to play the audio? Thanks and happy friday!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jennifer, and happy Friday!

You can turn off the sound effects in the Interaction Properties on the Ribbon:

If your design allows, you can also add a slide before the one with the Engage interaction. If you can share your .story file here or privately through a support case, we're happy to take a look and offer suggestions. 

Jennifer Culbertson

Hey I have another quick question: I am inputting storyline drop down interaction into rise as well and I can't get the interaction to reset to initial state in Rise. I used the settings for the slide to reset quiz to initial state and the layers as well. I am attaching file here. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jennifer.

Thank you for sharing your .story file!

If I understand correctly, you want the interaction to reset once the user gets to the Try Again layer. If that's what you're looking to do, you need to add a trigger to that layer that jumps to another slide and then back to the one with the interaction.

On the Try Again layer:

• Jump to slide (Blank Slide) when the user clicks the Try Again button.

On the Blank slide:

• Jump to slide 1.1 when the timeline starts.

Let me know if this works!