NEW IN ARTICULATE 360: Install a Previous Version and Snooze Updates

Dec 03, 2018

We’ve added two new features that give you more control over updates to your Articulate 360 apps.

First, you can now install a previous version of Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, or Peek when there's a new feature you're not quite ready to use. Second, if you’re don’t want to install a new software update yet, you can snooze notifications for a day, a week, or until the next update is available.

We think this new flexibility is going to be super useful for you all. Enjoy!

11 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Calvin,

You can have multiple versions of Storyline on one machine, such as Storyline 2 and Storyline 360. You cannot, however, have multiple versions of the same piece of software running at the same time such as Storyline 360 Update 40 and Storyline 360 Update 37.

Let me know if that answers your question or if I can help you with anything else.

Dilek Bulut

After installing the previous version, I am unable to open my file. 

Error message:

This project won't open because it uses features that aren't available in this version of Storyline. The features in use are: Text Styles 
Install the latest Storyline update to open this project.

Is this expected behavior? 

I am guessing these are the steps I need to follow to remedy this situation. Is that correct?

1. - Reinstall the latest version
  2. - Figure out what features to change and save file
  3. - Rollback to the previous version again
  4. - Try to open the file
  5. - If I can't open the file, go back to the beginning and do it all over again

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Dilek and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thank you for contacting us and sharing what you're experiencing with your project.

You're on the right track and to help identify the culprit, you can follow the steps here for your listed #2 step:

Resetting Styles

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Nicolas Bennett
Chris Pim

I need a version as well. A bug that's not been resolved for 6 months now.

Am I to have to go to them every time I need an older version...

Why can't the versions be available in a scrollable list?

^ This
They broke javascript functionality with their new player update, and now they have removed the ability to readily go back to the previous version that works (December 19, 2019 (Build 3.35.21017.0)).

You have to make a request to get this older version, which takes days. I have just contacted them to tell them that my deadline is the end of today, and I need this older version. They responded with "we will get back to your Monday". Today is Saturday. I completely understand that it is the weekend, and I don't expect people to work on the weekend. What would be a soloution to this would be to just have these older versions readily available for download. I don't understand the gatekeeping.