New in Storyline 360: Integrated Review 360 Comments

Jul 18, 2023

When you need feedback on a course, Review 360 makes it easy to share your e-learning with stakeholders and collect their thoughts. It’s always been a handy timesaver—and integration with Storyline 360 will streamline your review processes even further!

With the new Comments panel, you can browse through feedback, reply to and resolve comments, and quickly update your course with suggestions from your reviewers—all right from Storyline 360. By reducing the need to bounce back and forth between apps, you can speed up your revision process and trim down course production times.

In App Comments

To access comments, first make sure you’ve published your course to Review 360. Then simply expand the Comments panel on the right side of your screen, just under the Triggers panel. To keep the process simple, this panel shows only the comments for the slide you’re viewing.

And if you also use Rise 360, you’ll be happy to hear this feature is available there as well. Head over to the related discussion for more details: New in Rise 360: Integrated Review 360 Comments.

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can use this feature right now to speed up your course reviews. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to see how much time integrated reviews can save you, you can start a free 30-day trial.

We’re always looking for ideas for enhancing features. So once you’ve tried in-app comments, we’d love to hear what you think! Please share any feedback or suggestions in the comments below.

The Storyline 360 Team

Pinned Reply
Mike Swart

Based on your feedback, we made an improvement that we hope elevates your in-app comments experience. You can now easily address feedback on a specific course from various stakeholders. View comments for multiple Review 360 items right in Storyline 360 or Rise 360.

Let us know your thoughts about this enhancement. We'd love to hear from you!

83 Replies
Andres Miller

Thank you so much for adding this feature. It will be very useful when needed.

How do I turn it OFF? Like, I can undock the panel but I want to close it so I'm not losing screen space for something I'm not using. Collapsing is nice, closing is better. Can't this just be an option/tick box under the View tab maybe?

Katherine Sortor

I have updated my Storyline 360 to the latest version v3.79.30834.0, have republished by storyline file to Review 360 and still the only thing I see under Comments is "we are unable to connect to Articulate 360. Please check your connection and try again." 

I have tried on my local drive as well as my network drive and neither works.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Katherine, 

Happy to help!

Looks like your Storyline 360 installation is having trouble connecting to necessary endpoints needed to make certain features work. As a troubleshooting step, please ask your network admin to add the following endpoints to your organization's allowlist:

If the issue persists, try doing a repair of your Storyline 360 installation to see if this does the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Kenya,

Happy to help!

This feature is still available as long as you are using a recent installation of Storyline 360. Note that Review 360 comments only appear in Storyline 360 courses you've published to Review 360. New courses and courses that haven't been published to Review 360 won't have this feature available to them. You can find more information on this feature here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Eric Santos

Hello Steve!

I'm happy to jump in; I appreciate your patience in applying troubleshooting steps so far! I agree with Kelly that you should see the Review Comments panel after publishing the project to Review 360. Here are further troubleshooting steps I recommend:

1. Click the Redock All Windows button in the View tab, as shown in this quick Peek recording.
  2. Run these steps to rule out any installation issues.
  3. If these don't improve things, could I have you connect with us in a support case so we can determine what's happening? We'll reach out via email soon after we hear from you!
Eric Bybee

Yesterday, 10-04-2023, I published a SL360 project to REVIEW. After the content was published, I had the BETA Comment window and it was docked.

When I opened the content this morning, after receiving comments for editing. no Integrated comments window is present.

The software has been updated, but the integrated comments feature has disappeared.

In RISE it works fine.

Kelly Auner

Hi Eric, and thanks for reaching out!

I see you've connected with my teammate, Dexter, in a support case. We'll continue the conversation there to continue troubleshooting.

If anyone is experiencing a similar issue, here are a few initial steps to try:

If these troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, please reach out to our talented Support Engineers in a case. We'll be happy to assist you!

Jodi M. Sansone

Thank you for this new feature.  I was using it extensively this week for the first time.  I like the idea of it, but I don't like the placement between the layer and trigger panel.  I had to constantly expand and close the comment panel to look at my triggers.  I guess I see that right side of the screen as "my development area" and when you have a ton of triggers on a slide, the comment panel interferes.  Can you move it?  Maybe to the ribbon?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Jodi, 

You can look for this icon in the comment panel to undock it and reposition it to your preferred location on your monitor. If you are working on multiple monitors, you can also move undocked panels there to free up space on your screen. 

If you ever find yourself having trouble locating panels that you've undocked, you can always use the Redock All Windows button to restore the default view. 

Mo Islam

Very useful new feature, really like it when it works. At first I found that feedback comments are not showing but after reading the above posts I was able to get it working by re-saving and re-publishing. 

One glitch I have found though.... When closing a project and opening another one, it still shows the feedback comments from the previously opened project. To fix this I have to shut down Storyline completely and relaunch the app for the correct comments to show. 

Kris Junkins

I have attempted to read the majority of comments and have not come across the solution that fits my case. I use Storyline 360. The Comments feature worked for me when it first came out but has not worked for 4-6 weeks now. Courses are built and stored on local drives until they are complete and then moved to SharePoint, but are always pulled back down and worked on locally. I install updates regularly. All panels are docked.  Courses are resaved and republished every few days while in the development process. My Beta Comments continues to say "We are unable to connect to Articulate 360. Please check your connection and try again."  (I am logged into Articulate 360.)

Any other thoughts to get the Comments in Storyline 360 to reconnect to Review 360?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Kris,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. Based on your error message of Articulate 360 being unable to connect to certain endpoints, I'd recommend reaching out to your Network Admin to have the following endpoints added to the allowlist in case they may have updated their network settings:

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a look at what's happening.