Forum Discussion

GabrielleDug094
Community Member
2 months ago

Sharing editable Storyline 360 across companies - help

Hi all

I work for Company A. Prior to my appointment, they contracted Company B to build a course in Storyline Articulate. We now need to transfer the editable source files to me to save to my drive and make changes. Company B have sent me a zip file that looks like what I'd put into an LMS to view as SCORM, but I can't get it to open in Articulate for editing. Can anyone please give me a step-by-step for Company B, and myself, to follow, so we can get this file transfer done and I can edit?

I'm not very experienced in this tool and am the only learning designer on staff so nobody internal to ask for help, and the Company B designer has never had to provide a client with editable sourcefiles before so doesn't know the process either.

1 Reply

• Hi Gabrielle!

I would let Company B know that you need the original .story source file. It sounds like maybe they published the output and sent you the zipped version! 

Does the content in the zipped folder look like this? 

If so, they sent you a published course that does not have anything you can edit in. Ask the designer at Company B to open up Storyline, do a fresh "Save As" and save the file to their desktop, and have them email you that file. The extension will be whatever the name of the file is followed by ".story" -- Similar to if you needed someone to send you a PowerPoint or Word document, you just need the actual file they were working on! 

Sometimes these files can be REALLY big depending on how much multimedia is in them. If their email server won't allow them to send a file that big, WeTransfer.com is free way to share large files.