Storyline 360 feedback master problems

Oct 31, 2018

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out how I can add triggers to a  "continue" button on a master feedback slide and have them included when I select the use of the slide. I have looked all over the community for help and tried everything I found. I have tried creating my own button, I have tried to use the default button.  I have moved the default button off a page and deleting it. I have tried both the modern and classic feedback slides and nothing works. 

Now I have my feedback slides so messed up I want to reset them to the default but I can't find out how to do that. So I though well I will just Insert a new slide master but I want to use the classic feedback master so I can do extensive customization.  The only feedback slide master that will add is the "modern" feedback master. I have not found anything on the community that address these problems.  

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that may help.  Thank you.

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Katie! You came to the right place for help! 

First, when you add triggers to a slide master or a feedback master, those triggers won't show up in the trigger panel on the slide itself. They will only appear in the slide master trigger panel.

That being said, one easy way you can get yourself back to square one is to open a brand new Storyline file, then import the slides from the original file into the new file. 

If you still need more help, attach your file here, and I'll lend a hand!

Katie Nelson

Thank you, for this project I will just not use the Feedback Master for this project.  It is a huge project and I have lots of hours in. I don't want to risk anything messed up by importing it to another project. But I have a better understanding of the Feedback master works for future projects and should not get the masters so messed up. 

Do you know of a way to insert another "Classic" slide Master? That would allow me to use the Feedback Master to customize the format of my feedback slides. Thank you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Katie!

Completely understood! There's another way you can restore the Classic feedback master in the original file.

Simply open a new file and create a simple quiz question that uses the Classic feedback master. Then, import that new quiz slide into the original file. While the slide imports, the Classic feedback master will import, as well.

In case you'd like to see these steps in action, check out this quick video I recorded for you!

Katie Nelson

Thank you!
What a great work around. I am pretty good at coming up with those but I never would have thought of that. I am going to share this with my team.

Katie Nelson
Child Support Program Administrator
Divison of Child Support
Department of Social & Health Services
360-664-5426

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Tommy.

Thank you for reaching out!

If you see Synergy, is it possible you're inserting a new slide from the Content Library? See option one below (New Slide > Content Library):

Windows 10 (1) 2022-07-18 at 9.20.51 AM

The built-in questions can be found under option two on the screenshot above (New Slide > Graded Questions).

I hope this helps!