Storyline 360 Quiz

Jul 02, 2021

Hi, I've created a graded quiz in Storyline, which has 50 questions in it. When I checked things worked whilst setting it up, I would get the response for both correct or incorrect answers.

I created my questions as a question bank, which then added the option to "try again", which I don't want. I deleted that layer from each slide and now when I'm testing everything, if I get a question wrong, it doesn't bring up the "incorrect" summary page.

When I look at the triggers, I have one which says "submit multiple response when the user clicks button 1" which is what I want to happen, but the option to change the "multiple response seems stuck and I would normally expect to see my answer block highlighted to show that's what is being used for that particular trigger, but it doesn't highlight anything.

If I go into the edit trigger window, and scroll down to the quiz section for the trigger and select "submit interaction" again it doesn't show any section of my quiz page as highlighted.

If I get the questions correct, that works - it's only when I get questions wrong that the trigger isn't working.

Any ideas?

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Elaine.

Thank you for reaching out!

Without looking at your .story file, the initial thought would be that this is related to the number of attempts allowed.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-03-09 at 10.42.34 AM

If you have more than one attempt, when the user chooses the incorrect one and submits, they have a chance to try again, but no message is given since you deleted the Try Again layer. 

A simple fix would be to change the number of attempts to one. 

If that's not the case, would you feel comfortable sharing your .story file here? I would be glad to take a look, and others in the community might be able to offer suggestions as well. 

Let me know if this works!