storyline 360 Resume functionality does not work well while viewing module from mobile on LMS.

Aug 08, 2023

Hello Team,

We have a module of approx. 5 hrs which works fine on LMS on laptop. But the resume functionality doesn't work while viewing from mobile. Client specifically needs it for mobile. It is in SCORM 1.2, as SCORM 2004 play button does not work on client's LMS.

We want to find the solution for resume functionality behavior for mobile users. as this is working fine on desktop or laptop. what all options we can try to resolve this issue? 

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Nishant,

I'm sorry to hear that your course doesn't resume when viewed on a mobile device! Have you tried testing your course in a different LMS to confirm if the behavior you're experiencing is specific to your LMS? SCORM Cloud is a great environment that you can use for this purpose. Here's how to test your course on this platform: 

If the course resumes on a mobile device using SCORM Cloud, I recommend reaching out to your LMS administrator for assistance.

We'd be glad to investigate further if the issue also happens using SCORM Cloud. Would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline file here or privately through a support case so we can look at it? We'll delete it when we're done testing. Kindly share the mobile device and OS version you're using to test as well.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

>module of approx. 5 hrs

>SCORM 1.2

this is a combination where resume typical not works

limit in Scorm for the "suspend data" (-> resume)

• 4096 byte (Scorm 1.2)*
  • 4000 byte (Scorm 2004 2nd)
  • 64000 byte (Scorm 2004 3rd, 4th)

storyline uses up to approx. 300 bytes per slides, e.g. for for test questions, or if you has enabled "Resume saved State"

*in some LMS (e.g. moodle) you can expand "suspend data" for Scorm 1.2

Nishant Pal

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for your suggestions.

I published the module in SCORM 2004 4th edition, with 'Launch player' button unchecked. also I selected 'Always resume' option .

The error I got while launching the module from Chrome and mobile both is attached below. please suggest if anybody faced the same issue. how you tackled this?