To what extent we can customize the Modern Player in Storyline 360

Jul 15, 2022

Hi,

Try to find more about this, but no luck. We can customize a lot with the classic player on Storyline 1, 2 such as custom back or next buttons, seek bar and more. With that said, to what extent we can customize the modern player in Storyline 360?

6 Replies
Luciana Piazza
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Ben.

While you can't replace the buttons (or the seekbar) on the player, you can create custom previous/next buttons on your slide, while removing those buttons from the player. 

Take a look at the article below:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-07-19 at 1.14.52 PM

I hope this helps!

Robert Duncan

Guys, not sure this is the right spot but thought it would be worth me throwing it out there... Is there any way we can detect when the Storyline payer has been paused by the use..? We're aiming to use some javascript animations but we've hit a bump in the road... When the player is paused the javascript animations continue. In short we could do with a way of detecting user player interaction...

Thanks guys

Jose Tansengco

Hi Brian, 

There isn't a way to duplicate the appearance of the Classic Player in the Modern Player, but I understand how some authors might prefer the appearance of one over the other. 

I’ll be happy to pass your thoughts on to our product team, but you can also feel free to detail them more through a feature request!