Assessment Demonstration with Confidence Rating and Dynamic Results
So here is a (much simpler) demonstration of an assessment technique I've been working on for a while.
The key feature of this assessment is that it scores not just whether a submitted answer is correct but also how confident the learner was.
This is useful when you want to identify different groups from your assessment and tailor responses to them:
- High Score & High Confidence -these are your stars, support and let them go
- High Score & Low Confidence - they need to be assured that they're doing the right thing - and we need to understand why they lack confidence
- Low Score & Low Confidence - OK - they know what they don't know and they don't know it. Training time...
- Low Score & High Confidence - Oh Oh. These people just "know" they are right - but they are wrong. If these people are pilots or train drivers let's get them out of the driving seat real quick....and then let's work out what the issue is.
The assessment has some other features:
- On each page you can answer the Q's in any sequence but the submit button will not appear till all Q's and (if needed) a confidence score is recorded for each one
- You will always be prompted to record a confidence score (if required)before you can move to next question
- If you choose "Don't Know" you won't be prompted for a confidence score as we can assume you are 100% confident that you "Don't Know"
- If you change an answer before you click Submit that's OK - the assessment automatically recalculates
- The assessment "remembers" which topic(s) you have passed and will only show you questions related to topics you have not yet passed
- Wanna check your previous score? You can do that after your first run through...
I'm curious to know what people think and would be happy to answer any questions or hear any feedback!