Forum Discussion

LisaHtter-34a8b
Community Member
3 months ago

Accessibility focus color not visible in submenu of the playback speed (video)

Hello!

We are currently trying to make our modules accessible. That's why we had them tested and in the process a point came up:

It concerns the video controls, specifically the playback speed submenu. The focus marker is not displayed there, but if you watch the video in fullscreen, it is displayed.

Can anyone help me with this?

I attached two screenshots: One with focus on the menu playback speed (accessibility focus color visible) and the submenu without any focus color. As mentioned, in full screen mode there is the focus + color in the submenu.

• Hi Lisa, 

Thanks for reaching out about the focus markers in your course. I was unable to replicate this behavior on my end. 

• What screen reader are you currently using? 
    • Are you viewing your course in a browser? If so, do you notice a difference if you change browsers?

Please share your .story file with us so that we can test this out on our end.  Feel free to share in this thread or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

• Thanks Lisa for you quick reply, 

What do you mean by screen reader? I opened Rise 360 on chrome and Edge and in both browser it looks the same.  Can you explain how to share the .story? Thank you!

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Maximiliano!

A screen reader is a software application that turns the visual content displayed on a computer or mobile device—like buttons, text, and imagery—into text-to-speech (TTS) audio or braille.

If you need help with a Rise 360 course, you can send us a copy of the course at support@articulate.com. If you need assistance with a Storyline 360 course, you can email the .story file, which is the file type, to support@articulate.com.

• Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your reply. I just emailed a copy of the course to the address you gave me. Thanks!

• Hi Maximiliano! 

Thanks for the update. Great call sending over a copy of your course to us. One of our talented support engineers will be in touch shortly via email. We appreciate your patience! 

Have a great afternoon!