Forum Discussion

VadymNikonov
Community Member
3 months ago

"Accordion" label appears in my labels Xliff file but there is no "accordion" block on my module

Hi, 

i am translating a Rise 360 module for a client and they have complained that in the labels xliff file there are some items referring to blocks that don't actually appear in their module, for example the "accordion" block. 

When i check the lables directly in Rise 360 (settings > labels), the accordion items do not appear as editable options like the other ones (like charts, embed, labeled graphics etc. - which DO appear in this module). 

Is there a reason why and a way to avoid this?

thanks a lot in advance for your help. 

best regards,
Fernando

• Hi Fernando,

Happy to help!

When Rise 360 labels are exported, they are exported as a set, meaning the contents of the exported file are fixed. You might see entries in the exported file belonging to blocks your course does not use, and this is completely normal. These unused labels will have no adverse effects when translated and imported back into your course.

Can I ask what the nature of the complaint from your client was, and did the presence of the accordion text in the label export affect their courses in any way? For the most part, unused items in the label export can simply be ignored if you don't need them translated.

VadymNikonov
    Community Member

hi!

thanks a lot for explaining, it's what i imagined was happening but i wanted to make sure.

the complaint was about translation items, they don't want to pay for words that are not actually appearing in the module, understandably.

This means we have to prepare the export so that those sets are not translated and thus the client doesn't have to pay for them.

thanks again for your help!