Forum Discussion

DavidSmith5
Community Member
10 months ago

Add Seekbar to Player

Hello all.  When adding the seek bar to the player, does that prevent some triggers from working?  I added the seek bar. I created a variable and set it too false.  Then amended the variable to true when media (audio) completed.  Then set a trigger to move to the next slide when next swiped or clicked if the variable was true.  It didn't work.  To test, I turned those triggers off and it allowed me to advance when I select next.

• Adding the seekbar shouldn't interfere with triggers. 

It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing the .story file.

Best guess: the T/F variable isn't changing to True. Or one of the triggers refers to the wrong variable.

You can check whether a variable is changing as expected by inserting a text box with a variable reference. 

You can insert a variable reference by typing the percent sign followed by the variable name followed by another percent sign (example: %mediaDone%). Or you can use the INSERT > Reference button.

If the variable is changing to True, and the triggers refer to the appropriate variable, yet the jump-to-next-slide trigger with the condition still doesn't work, I suggest you upload a copy of the .story file. Just include the slide with the problem and one slide after it.

DavidSmith5
    Community Member

Judy,

Thanks for your response.  Upon further investigation, I found the issue was due to PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair)!

Again, thanks!