Forum Discussion

KaylaMcGill-eaa
Community Member
3 years ago

Adding a points system to custom buttons

Hello!

I am trying to create a point system where the user clicks a custom button and earns points depending on the option they choose. For example, option 1 gives the user 5 points; option 2 provides the user with 3 points (and then the total amount of points is added up in a section on the screen as they go. How do I set this up?

KaylaMcGill-eaa
      Community Member

Thank you so much for this! It helps! 

Another question, do you know how to display the sum of points on a slide? In other words, I want the user to see how many points they currently have as they continue through the case scenarios.

WendyFarmer
        Super Hero

Hi Kayla

create a number variable and display that on each slide. Use triggers to add points as the user progresses

• I'll add a bit to Wendy's reply. As she said, create a number variable for the points. 

To display a variable, insert a Reference to it in your text:

Alternately, you can just type the name of the variable between percentage signs. For example: %totalPoints%

You'll need a separate trigger to add each of the sub-points to the total points. For that, use "Adjust variable" triggers that looks something like this: 

FYI: A set of these triggers is used on slide 2.4 of the demo I linked to in my earlier reply. The notes about that are on slide 2.7

• I see. This is helpful! Thank you for the help, everyone. I will give it a try. :)