Forum Discussion

GroverAbraha179
Community Member
2 months ago

Additional padding in Rise360 when using the carousel image,

In Rise360, I'm using a group of carousel images to display screenshots with captions below the screenshots and this worked well for me until about the 15th of July. Now there are large sections of padding before and after the image which increases in size based on the largest image in the carousel, and / or the most amount of text in the captions. It doesn't look very good now and changing to another image type is going to involve many hours of work. All padding is set to 0 but doesn't seem to help at all. 

I've added 3 screenshots from the same carousel, notice the padding where the image is smaller than the others and where there is less caption text. 

Is this a bug in Rise and will it be corrected anytime soon? If not a bug can anyone advise how I can get around this issue without completely changing the image types?

• Hello Grover, 

Happy to look into this for you!

Here's a screenshot of what I see when I add an image carousel to a new Rise 360 course.  

There's no excess padding that appears before and after the carousel block. I want to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Can you observe the behavior when you open and edit your course in other browsers?
    • Have you tried hard-refreshing your browser to see if this helps? Hold down Ctrl + Shift and click the Reload button. Or, Hold down Ctrl + Shift and press F5.
    • Are you working on an up-to-date browser?

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can check what's happening.

• Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The issue appears when I have multiple images of different sizes in one carousel as well as multiple lines of caption text for the different images. The padding will appear on the smaller images or those images where there is less text than other same sized or smaller images.

I have tried different browsers as well as using different devices, but it still happens. Checked all browsers and they are up to date. This changed when the dots for the number of images moved from above the caption to below the caption. I have a version (before the change) in my clients LMS which works well but when I need to make changes or update the course I have this additional padding issue.

Here's a review link to an example I made with 3 images, https://360.articulate.com/review/content/35155315-150e-452f-861a-07ce7549d231/review it looks normal on the 1st an 2nd image at first. 3rd image has padding because it is smaller than the 2nd image and then if you go to the 1st image again you will also notice that there's padding as well. 

Should I still open a case?

Much appreciated.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Grover!

Thanks for following up and sharing the feedback!

I can confirm what you are experiencing is expected behavior and by design when working with Carousel Blocks. The Carousel Block adapts to match the height of the tallest image. If the entire Carousel is not the same height across all images, the navigation buttons on either side would lose formatting when changing slides.

To achieve the same offset for each image, we suggest keeping all images at the same aspect ratio.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Lora!

Thanks for reaching out!

Not to worry! As I explained to Grover, this is expected behavior when working with taller, portrait images in Carousel Blocks.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!